Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Extreme Metal Products' Mule 610/SX rear receiver hitch part number 12758 will fit a Mule 550? Or, where I can get a Mule 550 trailer hitch? If you have a Mule 610 or SX could you tell me the dimension between the brackets on the swing arm for the muffler? Thanks

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see this, too. I was hoping for some more input to back it up. I called EMP and they could not offer anything useful. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
My grandad has a New Mule SX and i've got a 550.... when i get the chance in the next day or two , i can go measure the distance between the brackets and mine.
You need the inside measurement between the two brackets, correct?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I forgot i have a accessories booklet that came with the mule 550, the part number for the one SPECIFIC to the 550 is KAF550-009A... i highly doubt it can be found as it's almost 20 years old. but just in case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an accessory booklet and did try to order that from an online Kawasaki supplier. I was first told it was available but after a few weeks my order was cancelled and I was informed that it was no longer available. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ah okay.
I'll measure the brackets on pops mule and get back to you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
measured my pops mule and my 550, 7 15/16" inside, and slightly narrows down to 7 3/4" at the base.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. So on my Mule 550 the distance between the muffler brackets is close to 8". I ended up ordering the EMP 12758 hitch and it is about 7-1/4" wide where it mounts to these brackets. But, the hitch's holes & the Mule's muffler bracket holes did not line up. What is different is the distance of these hole from the base of the muffler bracket to the hole's center. The hole centers in the hitch are about 1" further out. I simply cut some metal I had into strips and drilled holes 1" apart to extend the bracket holes out to where I could bolt them. Also, I could only use the center hole & bolt for the part that slides over the rectangular frame tube. The parallel tubes in the swing arm were in the way of the outboard holes. Newly drilled holes fixes that. I did not had to grind away anything from the hitch or Mule. It seems plenty sturdy to haul around my log splitter and small utility trailer.
In the end the quote above from the person from Amazon was quite right. Thanks for all of the input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
that's great, glad you got it worked out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts