Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to purchase a Mule FXT Pro. I found the green EPS I wanted at a nearby dealer and went there to purchase it. Buuuuut unfortunately Kawasaki has issued a “stop sale” on all FXT Pro’s. Anybody have an idea why? The dealer says Kawasaki is being tight lipped and won’t even tell them what is going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally decided to purchase a Mule FXT Pro. I found the green EPS I wanted at a nearby dealer and went there to purchase it. Buuuuut unfortunately Kawasaki has issued a “stop sale” on all FXT Pro’s. Anybody have an idea why? The dealer says Kawasaki is being tight lipped and won’t even tell them what is going on.
It's got to do with a fuel line leak in cold climates, I have been waiting over a month for a parts release and last I heard they are still waiting on the government to approve parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My understanding is that it has to do with moisture in the crankcase breather freezing in cold climates. When the freezing occurs it stops the crankcase depressurizing to atmosphere and it will cause the engine to belch oil out near the valve cover. Among other things, this is a fire hazard. Mine did this once on a frigid day here in missouri in January.
Supposedly affects 2015 - 2020 fxt pro models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because there is a stop sale on these models (pro fx and fxt) Kawasaki must have all hands on board working on the fix. They are losing sales daily. Has anyone heard when or what the fix will be?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The mechanic told my father just be sure to run it for at least 20 minutes when it is cold outside. They might just cut a slit in the tube close to the engine so the condensation can leak out. The Mule 610's suffered from a similar issue and I don't think it was ever fixed, the only fix is to get them warmed up to operating temp every time they are started. I doubt any engine is immune to this except some won't dump oil all over the engine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wait until August, the largest dealers will sell the 2020 models for about $3000 off MSRP
Looks like one dealer is selling 2020 FXT EPS LE for $13999

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m getting a new ‘19 for about that much off plus an extra $500 off because of the unexpected stop sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My understanding is that it has to do with moisture in the crankcase breather freezing in cold climates. When the freezing occurs it stops the crankcase depressurizing to atmosphere and it will cause the engine to belch oil out near the valve cover. Among other things, this is a fire hazard. Mine did this once on a frigid day here in missouri in January.
Mine (2017) has also done that a few times, maybe that will be what they are working on fixing and what is the problem with the fuel line

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Mule FXT Dec 28th 2019. Unfortinaly with the stop sale I still haven’t gotten it. I sure hope they hurry up on the fix because I sure would like to get it home. Heck I have had the title from the state since the second week in January, but not the Mule itself!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did they tell you about the stop sale before you bought? The paper is dated Dec 18 and we are close to 2 months after that now. At that point I would be more than upset

·
Registered
25 Posts
The mechanic told my father just be sure to run it for at least 20 minutes when it is cold outside. They might just cut a slit in the tube close to the engine so the condensation can leak out. The Mule 610's suffered from a similar issue and I don't think it was ever fixed, the only fix is to get them warmed up to operating temp every time they are started. I doubt any engine is immune to this except some won't dump oil all over the engine
I have had this problem as well with my mule and if you're not checking the air filter adapter it has a foam gasket on it the oil makes the glue come off of it and let's the gasket fall down and dirt can get in the intake pay close attention to this get a extra 1 from your dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone heard any update on this? I went to get one last week and found out about it from my local dealer. It was nice to have a little extra money off but my lack of patience is going to get the best of me on this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought ours this past December. The day we were suppose to pick it up we got a call from dealership regarding the recall and couldn't even take it off the lot. Now we're already making payments on an machine sitting on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also talked to them about a problem that goes with this, when it is building pressure in the crankcase I am getting some oil in the intake right at the air filter, and when it gets there it puts oil on the foam gasket witch makes the glue come loose and the foam gasket slip down this could let dirt in the intake system and bypass the filter I have changed mine 2 times because of this problem . Anyone else seeing this problem or has anyone checked it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts