Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a call from Kawasaki in regards to an email I sent about this stop sale. She said that they still don’t have a release date but if they haven’t had an update by March 17th she would call me back.

Not sure what the importance of the 17th is and it really doesn’t provide any more info that we already know but it’s nice to have a reply from Kawasaki. I didn’t expect much on the subject.

·
Registered
19 Posts
.... Anyone heard if there be a recall of the ones that were sold and delivered? ....
Letter reads 2015 year and later.....that covers a lot of units

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got a call from Kawasaki in regards to an email I sent about this stop sale. She said that they still don’t have a release date but if they haven’t had an update by March 17th she would call me back.

Not sure what the importance of the 17th is and it really doesn’t provide any more info that we already know but it’s nice to have a reply from Kawasaki. I didn’t expect much on the subject.
I hear ya, that is a great sign that they are watching what is going on, I know you are upset about not getting your buggy yet but I love my mule and the guy's on our lease that have bought there's after they ran mine will tell you the same thing

·
Registered
21 Posts
.... Anyone heard if there be a recall of the ones that were sold and delivered? ....
Letter reads 2015 year and later.....that covers a lot of units

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
My dealer said it should go back from day 1 of the FX and FXT models, there have not been any changes to the filter and vent system

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's another stop sale on the FXT's in regard to Steering shaft and steering gear. I was notified by my dealer on 2/21/2020 :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh great.... another issue now? Anybody have copy of the factory notice of the steering gear and shaft that John Yeager just posted about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m surprised you can’t find out more about this on the internet. I figured more than one or two forums would be in discussion about this problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Checked with my dealer yesterday (March 3, 2020) regarding the stop sale and a fix for the breather issue. They said Kawasaki has not yet published a fix for the issue and have provided no further information to them. The dealer said it is a frustrating situation for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is crazy. Wonder if I can get my money back. Ours is still sitting on the showroom floor.
I would think that might depend on what your sale contract states and what was discussed with the dealer at the time of sale. You were apparently aware of the stop sale when you made the purchase... did the dealer estimate a date that you would be able to take delivery of the machine? From a common sense perspective... it seems grossly unfair to you, as the buyer, to have paid for something that you indefinitely can't take possession of and is providing you zero value. Any decent attorney could probably give you quick advice regarding. There is an attorney named Steve Lehto from Michigan on YouTube that specializes in consumer cases like this. You might email or call him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have they notified existing owners about these problems? Seems that if someone had their machine catch fire because of the oil leak or have the steering fail it would be a very easy lawsuit to win with these papers being on the interner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know a thing about it. Would sure think they would be sending out notifications

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here.
I wanted to update this thread. Yesterday I received a phone call from Kawasaki Customer Service that the fix for this issue was approved by the Feds, and they expect to start shipping the repair parts to dealers real soon and that we should start hearing from our dealers by the end of the month with dates of release/pick ups.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts