Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering it there are any other FXT owners out there an how they like the machine.
I bought one a few weeks ago and am VERY impressed with it so far. It is a massive leap for Kawasaki and makes the Mule a real competitor. Hope to see others on the boards and see some discussions started now that they are hitting the market!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have one and i love it, added some back up/ rear work LED's to it. makes it much nicer at night backing up! took it trail riding and i was very impressed, of course it is nothing like my old RZR s, but for how big this machine is, it worked great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also came over from the RZR world. Enjoyed the RZR and wouldn't mind a 2 seater for play but the Mule is so much more useful in my case.
I also added rear backup LED lights, a front 6" bar and set of D2 LED's to the front brush guard. Helps a LOT when riding at night. I also added a rear backup camera. Helps a lot when I have the back filled with wood and can't see a darn thing. Also helps me see those low stumps that are below the bed.
Glad to see other owners showing up slowly - hopefully we will get a lot more owner here so we have a group to get ideas and thoughts from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I still have a four wheeler to play on. I hope someone will come out with an aftermarket winch plate that is cheaper than the warn. Also wouldn't mind a 2-3" lift to put 28" on her. Thing would look sweet with a small lift. I plan on making my own nerf bars to keep trees of the side when it gets tight!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seen one on the net with 28"'s and it looked good. I been looking at some new tires trying to figure out what I wanted to. I would like a little more ground clearance (1.5" would be good) and a bit more aggressive tread pattern. Not sure what one of the 1000 tire designs I want yet but half the fun is looking....
If you do up a set of nerf bars please post them for us to see. I was thinking about making a set also but have not started anything yet. Also wouldn't mind a full length/width UMHW skid plate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello code 54 and Jonathan . I just purchased a Fxt Pro and love it ! Nothing like the old Mule. A few mods I have done was made floor mats , and a front receiver hitch form my receiver mounted Ramsey winch and I built a box for under the seat. Photos to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like it is coming along well. Post up some photos of your box sometime for everyone to see. I kicked around building one but been working too much so I bought one but think a lot of us would love to see it. I been kicking around some nerf bars when I get some time free if anyone has any ideas or thoughts please let me know

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trash can is awesome! What is the size on that sucker -it fits great. Did you get it from a major store (hope to find one in my end of the world)
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should be able to find one just about anywhere. I Believe they call it a 7 gallon or 28 Qt. Can. Glad to share !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have any of you noticed the rear seat has a sloped back where the front seat is more straight up and down. I personally feel the rear is a bit more comfortable and was kicking around the idea of sloping the front backrest some. Has anyone else noticed this or done anything to change the seat around?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at mine real closely since you posted this, and couldn't find any difference between the slope of the back of the seats to be any different on mine? Interesting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is interesting. I originally noticed my front rear seat was also on upside down. (judging by the arrow that says "up")
Once I checked everything the front and rear had slightly different slopes (maybe a ½ at the top)
I ended up bumping the bottom out 1" and then bumped the top out (with rubber bushings) about ⅓ of an inch. To me, this made it perfect and far more comfortable. Im short so the inch forward also seemed to sit me in a better position but that may not be the best for our tall friends.

1 - 20 of 667 Posts