Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering it there are any other FXT owners out there an how they like the machine.
I bought one a few weeks ago and am VERY impressed with it so far. It is a massive leap for Kawasaki and makes the Mule a real competitor. Hope to see others on the boards and see some discussions started now that they are hitting the market!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have one and i love it, added some back up/ rear work LED's to it. makes it much nicer at night backing up! took it trail riding and i was very impressed, of course it is nothing like my old RZR s, but for how big this machine is, it worked great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also came over from the RZR world. Enjoyed the RZR and wouldn't mind a 2 seater for play but the Mule is so much more useful in my case.
I also added rear backup LED lights, a front 6" bar and set of D2 LED's to the front brush guard. Helps a LOT when riding at night. I also added a rear backup camera. Helps a lot when I have the back filled with wood and can't see a darn thing. Also helps me see those low stumps that are below the bed.
Glad to see other owners showing up slowly - hopefully we will get a lot more owner here so we have a group to get ideas and thoughts from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I still have a four wheeler to play on. I hope someone will come out with an aftermarket winch plate that is cheaper than the warn. Also wouldn't mind a 2-3" lift to put 28" on her. Thing would look sweet with a small lift. I plan on making my own nerf bars to keep trees of the side when it gets tight!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I seen one on the net with 28"'s and it looked good. I been looking at some new tires trying to figure out what I wanted to. I would like a little more ground clearance (1.5" would be good) and a bit more aggressive tread pattern. Not sure what one of the 1000 tire designs I want yet but half the fun is looking....
If you do up a set of nerf bars please post them for us to see. I was thinking about making a set also but have not started anything yet. Also wouldn't mind a full length/width UMHW skid plate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello code 54 and Jonathan . I just purchased a Fxt Pro and love it ! Nothing like the old Mule. A few mods I have done was made floor mats , and a front receiver hitch form my receiver mounted Ramsey winch and I built a box for under the seat. Photos to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like it is coming along well. Post up some photos of your box sometime for everyone to see. I kicked around building one but been working too much so I bought one but think a lot of us would love to see it. I been kicking around some nerf bars when I get some time free if anyone has any ideas or thoughts please let me know

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trash can is awesome! What is the size on that sucker -it fits great. Did you get it from a major store (hope to find one in my end of the world)
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should be able to find one just about anywhere. I Believe they call it a 7 gallon or 28 Qt. Can. Glad to share !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have any of you noticed the rear seat has a sloped back where the front seat is more straight up and down. I personally feel the rear is a bit more comfortable and was kicking around the idea of sloping the front backrest some. Has anyone else noticed this or done anything to change the seat around?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at mine real closely since you posted this, and couldn't find any difference between the slope of the back of the seats to be any different on mine? Interesting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is interesting. I originally noticed my front rear seat was also on upside down. (judging by the arrow that says "up")
Once I checked everything the front and rear had slightly different slopes (maybe a ½ at the top)
I ended up bumping the bottom out 1" and then bumped the top out (with rubber bushings) about ⅓ of an inch. To me, this made it perfect and far more comfortable. Im short so the inch forward also seemed to sit me in a better position but that may not be the best for our tall friends.

1 - 20 of 665 Posts
About this Discussion
664 Replies
134 Participants
schmellba99
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing