Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

641 - 660 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Muleprofxt, no offense taken. I do understand completely why you'd rather be here. Facebook isn't for everyone. Plus the forums wether it's here or a Polaris or can am forum are just a way better source for information. Things get lost in those Facebook groups a lot. I actually prefer real forums like this over Facebook anyways. I just tell people about the group just to let them know there is another source for info if for whatever reason they can't find here. The younger generation love Facebook and sites like that. Which in my opinion will be the death of the forums in the long run

·
Registered
635 Posts
Also I would suggest not to lock this thread. I think of it more of a "what have you done with/to your mule today?" It's a good thread with a ridiculous amount of info that is a bit hard to find. But the search bar can be a huge help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried installing an auxiliary fuel supply?

I travel long distances in my Pro FXT. Has anyone installed an auxiliary fuel tank under the front seat?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm diggin' the dual snorkel/K&N set-up billy. If you haven't posted any pics of that set-up, I bet some members would love to see it (including me).

·
Registered
79 Posts
yes i would like to see your setup for the snorkel i get tired of cleaning my damm filter after every ride kawasaki could of put the air intake way higher then they did might as well let it drag on the ground

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have researched this to death. The wheels on the Pro FXT are 12x7 4/156 mm 4+3 offset. The tires in the front are 9" wide and the tires in the rear are 11". I have noticed you can buy a ITP Delta steel wheel for under $50.00 on ebay.com. I recommend buying a narrow tire for a spare so it can be used in the front and back in an emergency.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jun 22, 2017*· #630 Has anyone put a snorkel kit on their machine yet? If so do you

Yes. I had to custom snorkle my Mule due to no atv shop will supply them. Long story short, I swamped my Mule first trip out. Had to put a snorkle on it. No shop would do it, warranty issue, so I did it myself. The process is remove your intake filter box (wasnt sure if it was water proof or not). The intake will be it's own snorkle pipe due to it faces one side. The cvt box is on the opposite, so I figure it's easier to do it seperate. There is 3 main piping that comes out of the engine (2 from the cvt and 1 from the intake). I connected 2 of the cvt together and the intake by itself. Im sure their is many ways you can do this, but I did it this way because its easier for me. Here are some pics of the process I did for the snorkle. I hope it makes since and helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Billy123 correct me if Im wrong but I read it that you tired the 2 cvt snorkels together into 1 pipe? If that’s right that is a big no no and you should undo it ASAP. You dont want your cvt exhaust outlet feeding heat and belt dust right back to the inlet. Not to mention you will burn up belts real quick with the ridiculous amount of heat build up inside the cover you’ll have

Idk maybe I understood your post wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have researched this to death. The wheels on the Pro FXT are 12x7 4/156 mm 4+3 offset. The tires in the front are 9" wide and the tires in the rear are 11". I have noticed you can buy a ITP Delta steel wheel for under $50.00 on ebay.com. I recommend buying a narrow tire for a spare so it can be used in the front and back in an emergency.

Thank you for this info. Are you saying use a front tire size for a spare? Or buy a narrower size?

How does everyone patch flats? Is it still just the tar plugs? (I have a portable viair pump)

641 - 660 of 684 Posts