Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Trevor and I work for a wild land fire agency. We have a 2019 mule pro fx eps LE. We carry a water tank in the bed and the performance of the machine is not great now. Unfortunately we are stuck using the current water tank so I’ve been doing some research on suspension/lifts/trie and wheel upgrades. We currently have a superatv 2” lift on it and it helped a fair amount with ground clearance. I’m considering putting the superatv high clearance front and rear A arms on it so we have the ability to run larger 10ply tires. I’ve heard that this with help with some of the “squishy-ness” of the ride. The a arms are technically for the mule pro fx/fxt, I’ve read part sheets and it looks like they use the same exact part numbers. Curious if anyone has any experience with this.
I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with upgraded springs that allow the machine to handle rough terrain/ corners better. I saw a video of someone with an fxt with elka shocks so I’m wondering if those will work on the regular pro fx.
Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My name is Trevor and I work for a wild land fire agency. We have a 2019 mule pro fx eps LE. We carry a water tank in the bed and the performance of the machine is not great now. Unfortunately we are stuck using the current water tank so I’ve been doing some research on suspension/lifts/trie and wheel upgrades. We currently have a superatv 2” lift on it and it helped a fair amount with ground clearance. I’m considering putting the superatv high clearance front and rear A arms on it so we have the ability to run larger 10ply tires. I’ve heard that this with help with some of the “squishy-ness” of the ride. The a arms are technically for the mule pro fx/fxt, I’ve read part sheets and it looks like they use the same exact part numbers. Curious if anyone has any experience with this.
I would also like to know if anyone has any experience with upgraded springs that allow the machine to handle rough terrain/ corners better. I saw a video of someone with an fxt with elka shocks so I’m wondering if those will work on the regular pro fx.
Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks,
Trevor
I should have added that the water tank is between 500-700lbs

·
Registered
231 Posts
Elka are premium shocks and can get different valving and spring rates. I would look into them. Contact Hester Motorsports and im sure they can lead you the right direction. Their videos seem great and know what they talk about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would definitely recommend the Elka adjustable version, changing the a arms are great for ground clearance especially at the tire area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts