Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki mule pro fxt eps
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen posts and videos (Hester) about air filter breather relocation. Before I do the DIY mod I would like to get some feedback/confirmation, if it’s worth the time. I’ve seen back seat area as well as further on up. I want to put sealtite conduit to back seat wall where oil filter cover is. We ride on gravel 50-70% of the time. I check filter monthly and see more debris and dust than I’d like. Just let me know what you got and what you think of the set up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clean Air snorkel. 1 1/4" suction hose and 1/2" PVC. BTW. I used John Hester video on his Hester MotorSports YouTube channel for this install. I modified the connections and layout from the airbox to the PVC to include the original tube (on air box). I used 1 1/2" suction hose (ag sprayer) and connected it to airbox tube and 1 1/2" PVC pipe using rubber union 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" connector. Everything else is John Hester parts list with only the 17 1/4" pipe lengthened and the long tune lengthened. I used a cutout from a fly swatter to make my "screen" for my intake in the 180 degree PVC fitting and glued it into place with a short piece of 1 1/2" pipe cut flush.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki mule pro fxt eps
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean Air snorkel. 1 1/4" suction hose and 1/2" PVC. BTW. I used John Hester video on his Hester MotorSports YouTube channel for this install. I modified the connections and layout from the airbox to the PVC to include the original tube (on air box). I used 1 1/2" suction hose (ag sprayer) and connected it to airbox tube and 1 1/2" PVC pipe using rubber union 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" connector. Everything else is John Hester parts list with only the 17 1/4" pipe lengthened and the long tune lengthened. I used a cutout from a fly swatter to make my "screen" for my intake in the 180 degree PVC fitting and glued it into place with a short piece of 1 1/2" pipe cut flush.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Looks good. Do you feel like it was worth it? Is filter staying cleaner?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts