Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2020 FXT Ranch edition I was interested in changing the front tires to be same size as rears. Can this be done without other modifications to Mule? Can I either find some "take off's" from another Mule with same rim style and fit the bigger tires up front? Or if I buy just tires same size as rear will they fit the front rims as well or are front rims different size?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2020 FXT Ranch edition I was interested in changing the front tires to be same size as rears. Can this be done without other modifications to Mule? Can I either find some "take off's" from another Mule with same rim style and fit the bigger tires up front? Or if I buy just tires same size as rear will they fit the front rims as well or are front rims different size?
Thanks
Did you ever get any answers on this? I am interested in doing the same on my 2019 Ranch Edition.
Thnx

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks
The front wheels are 7" wide, the rear 8" wide. I would not put the rear size tires on the front wheels. I do not know if there will be clearance issues using an 8'' wheel and rear size tire on the front :unsure: , but since you have them (on the rear) you could try mounting them on the front and check for clearance issues, turning left to right (lock to lock). Also suspension (compression) may cause clearance issues too :unsure:
Your front tires are 26-9.00 x 12" and your rear are 26-11.00 x 12"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you ever get any answers on this? I am interested in doing the same on my 2019 Ranch Edition.
Thnx
No one replied. I do believe they would fit because I have seen other mules with aftermarket wheels that were larger, but like the other poster above me said I could just swap front and rear wheels/tires and see what it does. If I came across another set of takeoffs from a a similar mule for good deal I'd just buy them and try it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks
I asked thus question awhile back. The long story short answer is Yes. There's pros and cons to it but the cons were barely anything. I have already purchased rims the same size as the back. Just evaluating tires. I'll send pics when it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts