Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an idea where I might be able to purchase a connector for the existing factory connection that’s already wired in the harness? I have a 21’ Pro FXT base model which doesn’t have the extra headlight but is wired for it. Going to add lights and would like to use the existing connection if possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was wondering the same thing. Can LED light bars be wired to that? Anyone know the max wattage for these plugs?

·
Registered
402 Posts
LEDs usually do not take a lot of watts/amps, but if you are planning a large, high output, light bar, you could have the connector trigger a relay that then powers your lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have an idea where I might be able to purchase a connector for the existing factory connection that’s already wired in the harness? I have a 21’ Pro FXT base model which doesn’t have the extra headlight but is wired for it. Going to add lights and would like to use the existing connection if possible. View attachment 76178
That looks exactly like it, thanks for the information on it
Is this wire ran to another switch or location than the outside headlight wires? Checked it for power and nothing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My guess is there is a switch connector (not being used) under the dash that those connect to.
Most likely an 8 way connector (could be 10 way) I'll guess green color, since that's what Kawasaki uses for the inner LED front lights, but could be any of these colors (see attachment, only top three shown)
8wayconnector.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
My guess is there is a switch connector (not being used) under the dash that those connect to.
You’re right. Traces it back and found it. Thanks! For now I have extra lights tapped into the hi circuit of the headlights but will redo it when I can pickup a new switch.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I recommend Carling Technology switches. Contura II Series matches what Kawasaki uses. "search" OTR Switch Guys. That's who I use (y) 🤠

1 - 9 of 9 Posts