Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that want to cover the tailgate holes that catch so much junk , here is my solution. This is not gonna add any strength to the tailgate , only cover the pockets. I went to an air conditioning duct work shop and got this made for $45 . It is 26 gauge . I will coat it tomorrow with rattle can bed liner , and install with marine grade ss rivits .

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I absolutely hate the pockets in the tailgate. I now have the solution!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update...The rattle can bed liner is not sticking real good. Talked to a pro , and he said you really need to scuff up the metal. On truck beds he uses a wire cup brush in a grinder or a drill. he said scratch the heck out of the metal, really scar it ,, and then the spray on stuff will stick like nobodies business.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just an update...The rattle can bed liner is not sticking real good. Talked to a pro , and he said you really need to scuff up the metal. On truck beds he uses a wire cup brush in a grinder or a drill. he said scratch the heck out of the metal, really scar it ,, and then the spray on stuff will stick like nobodies business.
After scuffing wipe down with acetone or paint thinner.

That thin amount of dust will keep it from sticking.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info toddstang , Thanks !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Mazdaparts
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing