Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the Kawasaki Part Number for the spanner wrench for adjusting the shocks ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used my buddy's, that he got with his ranger. I guess Kawasaki thinks everyone lets the dealer do all the work on these machines. Heck, even my boy's 50cc came with basic tools.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's called a 'Hook Wrench' by Kawasaki, part #: 57001-1539 (T=3.2, R37) . As with all Kawasaki parts/accessories, it's stupid expensive. You might be better off finding an after market spanner wrench in order to save some $$$.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info MuleHauler , I read somewhere that they were under twenty bucks...no? On a related note, I haven't been under my mule much , are there some good jack stand spots under there?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never mind...LOL I see that they are in the $50-$60 range... I'll be going after market.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are plenty of places to put jack stands under the mule, lots of metal square tubing under there, the trick is to find a place to put them and not be in the way of the plastic shields if/when you go to remove the. I have a car lift in my garage (I'm spoiled!) and it is a little tricky finding spots to put the arms and not be on the plastic shields. Should be no problem to jack up to adjust the shocks when you get a spanner wrench,

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spanner wrench is on its way... and thanks MuleHauler for the response on the jack stand use. It should all come together soon.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jacking it up just takes the load of the springs and makes it easier to adjust, also a shot of WD-40 helps. The wrench is plenty long to get all the leverage you need to adjust the shocks. On mine, I filed the tooth slightly to get a tight fit on the indentions in the collar. $9 for a one time use tool is not a bad price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After busting my knuckles with Channel Locks the first adjustment, I decided to build my own wrench with scrap steel. Took about 20 minutes.
I see. So how do you think that contributes to this discussion? Are you suggesting everyone "builds" their own tool? Seriously?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I see. So how do you think that contributes to this discussion? Are you suggesting everyone "builds" their own tool? Seriously?
It contributes exactly as it was intended. To show there are options other than buying. Take a good look at post #11 which is mine stating I wish I had known about the commercial option suggested in post #10. Next time, try harder not to be a douche. World already has too many of them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It contributes exactly as it was intended. To show there are options other than buying. Take a good look at post #11 which is mine stating I wish I had known about the commercial option suggested in post #10. Next time, try harder not to be a douche. World already has too many of them.
Bonus points for the guy taking a thread 5 1/2 years since last post to dig that up! Ha-ha, your right, plenty of folks here that can and do build their own tools. (Count me in)

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.