Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just given a muffler off of a yamaha r6 street bike, first problem of left hand mounts a simple fix, drill rivets and spin muffler re-rivet. second is the muffler is way too long, so what will shortening it do? next custom headers for it, ive been referred to gauge bc he lives about 30miles from me and i work where he lives.

the muffler is straight thru like a glass pack, no sparky or q core! im thinking itll be a good drag exhaust for the orange v, thats a 730 in the makings. what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
factory muffler can is 14", my yoshi cans are 15 7/8", this muzzy is 18". so if i cut it in half id have two usable 9" mufflers. id need to call muzzy n see if i could get new inlet n outlet caps so theyd match. wonder how two shorty mufflers would look?? any photoshoppers?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
just got to be the first :D

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awe shiznit, guess ill have to stray from industry standards!! go one off, guess itll make the dinosaur a lil more unique. i say dinosaur since our bikes are fazed out :(

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Gotta admire your determination buddy

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I can imagine it would perform pretty well with some of BigKevs headers..

Probably be pretty damn loud

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see thats what i dont want, a friend of dixietuff's has a muzzy exhaust ln his renegade. its real quiet and when busts on it the sound is amazing! guess ill have to get rid of my yoshis if i go ahead on and chop this can. get a super pro for the green bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts