Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what size these gaskets are? For the muzzy dual system on the 750 brutes...

I had the front head pipe come loose and blew out the gasket, what would be the best replacement gasket for me to use...

Thanks

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I have been using stock kawi exhaust gaskets with my standard Muzzy.
Sent using Tapatalk 2

That's because the std. muzzy (now discontinued) uses stock gaskets. the PRO and super pro have much larger headers and the stock gasket would simply fall down the pipe.

the PRO and SUPER PRO DUALS use either the gasket from Muzzy, which is a VOLKSWAGEN 1.5 inch flanged gasket. from an air cooled bug motor.

OR you can go to CB Performance and use their copper 1.5 inch gasket. either will work just fine. VVVVVVV Link below VVVVVV

CB Performance - Online Catalog

the copper get installed raised flange area toward the head.

the KEY TO INSTALL is making the gasket last by installing it correctly. evenly tighten down the stud nuts. some folks crank down on one side of the stud crushing the gasket and the other side seals cocked and blows the gasket out and then it can backfire on decel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using stock kawi exhaust gaskets with my standard Muzzy.
Sent using Tapatalk 2

That's because the std. muzzy (now discontinued) uses stock gaskets. the PRO and super pro have much larger headers and the stock gasket would simply fall down the pipe.

the PRO and SUPER PRO DUALS use either the gasket from Muzzy, which is a VOLKSWAGEN 1.5 inch flanged gasket. from an air cooled bug motor.

OR you can go to CB Performance and use their copper 1.5 inch gasket. either will work just fine. VVVVVVV Link below VVVVVV

CB Performance - Online Catalog

the copper get installed raised flange area toward the head.

the KEY TO INSTALL is making the gasket last by installing it correctly. evenly tighten down the stud nuts. some folks crank down on one side of the stud crushing the gasket and the other side seals cocked and blows the gasket out and then it can backfire on decel.
I figured the stock gasket was way tooo small,

Perfect! That gives me a couple options to go with...

Just as you describe, "The key to install" is pritty much what happened to me, it was blowing out one side, and pop pop pop on decel is what I got, lol....

Thanks for the info..

Cheers!

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
CobraCDN
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing