Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to posting on this site just kinda been lurking around for a while I ride a 450 honda but my dad has a 04 v I ride alot also when hes not on it right now it has a hmf slip on with k&n and outerwear not sure on the jetting it was all done when we bought the bike last year. I have only done a tune up on it and couple of oil changes along with replacing the battery and the belt but I'm familiar with working on bikes. I just drilled the rivets on the hmf and repacked it with new bolts in place of the rivets but it keeps burning out packing alot and It has a crack in the pipe I had to weld up which leads to my question whats the better pipe a full muzzy pro or a full two brothers system I can get either on within 15 dollars of the other right around $450 so which would you go with. 99% of our riding is in little sahara oklahoma running sandstars on the back with an unmodded clutch

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Hi all new to posting on this site just kinda been lurking around for a while I ride a 450 honda but my dad has a 04 v I ride alot also when hes not on it right now it has a hmf slip on with k&n and outerwear not sure on the jetting it was all done when we bought the bike last year. I have only done a tune up on it and couple of oil changes along with replacing the battery and the belt but I'm familiar with working on bikes. I just drilled the rivets on the hmf and repacked it with new bolts in place of the rivets but it keeps burning out packing alot and It has a crack in the pipe I had to weld up which leads to my question whats the better pipe a full muzzy pro or a full two brothers system I can get either on within 15 dollars of the other right around $450 so which would you go with. 99% of our riding is in little sahara oklahoma running sandstars on the back with an unmodded clutch
The Muzzy would far be my first choice for your machine

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yep the Muzzy is a grate exhaust. HMF is also a grate pipe but they are crazy loud. Go with the Muzzy you'll love it.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The HMF is loud? I'm not disagreeing, I'm asking, as my V came with a full HMF Sport with stainless pipes, and it sounds cool at first....but after running it awhile it's too loud. I don't need everyone in the county knowing I'm on my V. I want a nice throaty exhaust like a Borla or Flowmaster, and I want duals...even to the detriment of a little power, what would you suggest? I don't mean to hijack, so just tell me and I'll post a new thread for this if you want. ;)
Ed3

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
The HMF is loud? I'm not disagreeing, I'm asking, as my V came with a full HMF Sport with stainless pipes, and it sounds cool at first....but after running it awhile it's too loud. I don't need everyone in the county knowing I'm on my V. I want a nice throaty exhaust like a Borla or Flowmaster, and I want duals...even to the detriment of a little power, what would you suggest? I don't mean to hijack, so just tell me and I'll post a new thread for this if you want. ;)
Ed3
I wish I had the answer to that. I liked the looks of the HMF duals as well, but the loud is part of the package with the duals I think. I love my Muzzy Super Pro.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Ed3
IMO, the best sounding dual exhaust is a set of Aliens, but you'll take a loss in power. The Monster duals look great and sound really good without being as loud as the HMF's (theres's a set on Monsters in the for sale section :D). If you want REALLY loud, listen to a set of LTE duals.

But back to the original thread, you can't go wrong with a Muzzy - great power and a great (but not loud) sound.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like the muzzy is going to get the nudge over the two brothers then any other mods that will go well with it to gain mainly trails and hill shooting don't do much dragging just dune riding and lots of tree shots I read about the 12 hole mod but I dont think I can get him talked into it but he does want to do some clutch mods without breaking the bank maybe a primary spring swap?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ed3
Just pick up a set of quiet cores to slip in the ends of the mufflers and you should have exactly what your looking for and save a lot of $$.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
The quiet cores kill the power of the HMF duals. I did some timed runs at one of the local sand drag strips with my green V with the duals wide open vs. just spark arrestors (not even the full quiet cores). I can't find the time slips right now but I think the wide open exhaust was about 0.3 or 0.4 seconds faster in 300' which is quite a lot in that short of a distance. I am sure if I had done a comparison with the quiet cores in also, they would have probably been nearly a full second slower which is HUGE in 300'. The only times I run my quiet cores is for trail riding because I don't really need the extra power or if I get sound-checked at the sand dune entrance. With the quiet cores in, my HMF duals are only 92db. I have been checked at that sound level 3 times.

I have HMF duals because I picked them up REALLY cheap. If I were to buy a new exhaust right now, my first choice would probably be a Muzzy Super Pro even though I like the looks of duals better.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you go duals, def LTE. Single go with muzzy. Definately not two brothers, there stuff is junk. I found out the hard way. LTE ftw:D

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have always heard the LTE isn't the best either in the quality department. I'd still like to try a set though.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I ran HMF's for a couple years, but they are just too loud for the amount of power they produce. So I sold them to Bubba. I ran the LTE's for 2 years and sold them to Bubba too (I see a patern forming:p). He has run them for a year or so. I had an issue with the front head pipe cracking, but I sent it back to LTE and they sent me a New head pipe, no questions asked.

The biggest problem with the LTE's isn't power making ability :D, it's noise! :eek: They made the most power of any exhaust I have run with my setup.

I love duals too, but there comes a point where Noise Tickets out weigh the Cool factor. With that said, I went from the LTE's to the Muzzy Pro and have been more than happy with it. And the best part is I don't have to run from the Noise Police anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I have always heard the LTE isn't the best either in the quality department. I'd still like to try a set though.
I just purchased a set of used LTE's and I don't see any quality problems - they seem to be well made. They are LOUD, I was impressed with how far back behind the quad you could feel the exhaust.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I made custom turn downs for my LTE's. It would still make little puff marks in the sand 15ft back when it was just sitting there idleing. :D

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
I'd just buy a single GT25. It is quieter than the LTE's and Muzzy... and makes way more power. :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
ive had both. get the MUZZY. i even got rid of my Muzzy Pro for the Muzzy Super Pro. :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
You heard wrong, they produce high quality parts and excellent service to back it. :D

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Except for their weak mounting flanges which bend towards the heads. I still like them alot though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts