Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much just needed some practice putting some on before I spent 150 bucks on a good set. It still looks alot better pic really don't do it justice.

A little closer look

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Looks awesome....

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
is that the Flite Graphics

if so you can get the matching seat cover

looks good

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Looks great! Those are the same style as on my green V... I just have the ones intended for the silver plastics on it so mine have blue instead of the yellow in them.
The only thing I REALLY hate about those graphics is how thick they are. I think they would have conformed a little easier if they were 1/2 the thickness.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Looks good. Great job putting them on to.

·
Registered
445 Posts
looks awesome, did you apply the graphics dry or the soap method?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
When I put mine on I did them dry and had to use a heat gun to help get all of the air bubbles out and to get them to conform a bit better. It was a pain in the ass. I would be curious to hear if you used the soapy water method and how it went.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i put on a set of numbers for a buddy of mine, also put signs on a couple of trucks a few years back...

you put some lemon joy in a spray bottle, fill the rest with water, spray the back of sticker and surface where you want it to go.. then you can move the graphics around to the right spot. then use a squeegee to move the bubbles and excess water/soap out. you can still use heat if needed to contour

this way is VERY forgiving

sorry for the hijack BTW

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I put mine on I did them dry and had to use a heat gun to help get all of the air bubbles out and to get them to conform a bit better. It was a pain in the ass. I would be curious to hear if you used the soapy water method and how it went.

Well you warned me how thick they were, so I went to lowes and got a heat gun before I even attemted it. First I cut out all of the clear so they would conform to the fenders better (They come in big sheets) The first one I tryed was the front fender because it was the flatest surface, Tryed the soad and water and the was a complete failure they were way to thick, so the rest were done dry with a heat gun. These are impossible without a heat gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The graphics are cool

I would just hate to cover up the marble plastics

I was going for the naked look, but when I started taking my factory decals off it really showed how faded out it was so I got these to kinda hide it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts