Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 07 Brute 750i with about 600 miles and its a turd off the line. I can barely pull the front tires up. It seems to perform well throughout the rest of the power band. My 08 Brute 650i walks it pretty good from the start through the whole power band. Is it a jetting issue or maybe a dirty carb or gum in the jets? the last guy didnt ride it much, only 59 hrs in the first 2 yrs. Oh ya both quads are bone stock other then 26" mudlites on both. Any info would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I've heard that the 650i's are peppier than the 750's.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just bought a 07 Brute 750i with about 600 miles and its a turd off the line. I can barely pull the front tires up. It seems to perform well throughout the rest of the power band. My 08 Brute 650i walks it pretty good from the start through the whole power band. Is it a jetting issue or maybe a dirty carb or gum in the jets? the last guy didnt ride it much, only 59 hrs in the first 2 yrs. Oh ya both quads are bone stock other then 26" mudlites on both. Any info would be great. thanks
The belt on the 750 is wore which is why its sluggish off the line... You can adjust it and gain all your low end back or you can replace it.

As far as the performance goes... the 750 should be a bit faster but the gap will open up quite a bit once you start adding an exhaust/opening up the intake. 750 just needs some more air flow.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Compression test?

·
Registered
615 Posts
thats life seen it alot before, 650i are just plain fast!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts