Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the progress so far.. the engine is bolted in with 2 mounts sofar, i still have to make one more rear and possibly one from the top.. the carbs are on such an angle that i have to cut the top frame rails and move them up 3" or so for the filters so i will have to run some sort of fuel cell in the back, possibly a Vforce fuel tank.. i have a new FMF powercoreS for a gsxr 1000 coming for it off ebay so it should sound good :D

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Awesome job. what are your plans for the lower frame rails? How long of swingarm are you putting on it? That would be a hand full with the stocker lol.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome job. what are your plans for the lower frame rails? How long of swingarm are you putting on it? That would be a hand full with the stocker lol.

im not 100% sure what im going to do for lower frame rails, but i know they need to be removable incase i have to take the engine out someday.. i want to make the tubes look close to stock so probably some 1" dom, i just have to figure out how to bend it without kinking it.

i dont know if i will need to lengthen it, the weight of the motor and the forward placement may be enough to keep it down, pluss i like wheelys :D

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
;)
they are fun, fast,YES. they feel so much faster than they are.

it's definatly a handful. IF you are fabbing. EXTEND IT!!

wheelies can be unexpected and pretty violent.

JOhn

ill see how it works the way it is first, if i have to i will add some length.. i doubt it will be as violent as yours, the turbo probably adds alot to the violant wheelies pluss the stock zx10 motor is an animal compared to the yamaha 1000 :lol:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Looks Awesome Kujo. Are you going to keep it yellow?

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Looks great! I had a DS650 until this past June. The ride AWESOME!! I really think you are going to want an extended swinger if you are going to race it. I had the front end on my stocker (with only pipe, filter, & CDI) come up about 2 feet with a hard 2nd gear launch when I was drag racing at the sand dunes (on wet sand). I bet you'll want around +6".

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
when you bend the pipe for the frame rails fill with sand before u bend and just cover the ends with a rubber stopper and clamp thats wat i did for the r1 i put in a z400 a few yrs back

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when you bend the pipe for the frame rails fill with sand before u bend and just cover the ends with a rubber stopper and clamp thats wat i did for the r1 i put in a z400 a few yrs back

yes ive seen that done on youtube.. i have a pipe bender but i dont think i have dies for 1" i may weld some pieces to bend around on the welding bench.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Would a conduit bender work for the 1" pipe.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would a conduit bender work for the 1" pipe.
i just checked online and the bender i have came with a 1" die, i just have to find it.. its only $11 to buy a replacement die so if i cant find mine ill buy a new one and do the sand trick

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
made a little progress.. i just have to mount the v force gas tank, rad and muffler then i can take the engine back out and weld everything up nice and add alot of gussets.. cant wait to hear it purr :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kujo, check out No Mercy racing forum,
lots of conversion info there.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Extended or you will be getting beat by bikes a lot slower than you....trust me.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kujo, check out No Mercy racing forum,
lots of conversion info there.

ya im on there, good site.. ya pipo, i think im going to lenthen it but i will see how it stays down like this first.. its a heavy ass engine so i dont know if it will wheelie all that bad.. i will know soon enough.. its a steel swingarm so atleast it will be easy to do..

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
awesome job kujo,nice build

1 - 20 of 69 Posts