Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from picking it up. 2010 750. Not crazy about the colour but loved the price. Came with winch, plow, 2 up and hitch. Bought it off an old man who bought it off another old man, the original owner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No start. No fuel being sprayed from injectors

Story goes like this. 2010 Brute Force 750. Old man had a backyard mechanic check it. They changed the fuel pump with a new one he found online not an OEM. Didn’t work. Then he changed the injectors. No luck. Old man was getting upset. Tech said it needed a control module ( computer due to injectors not being triggered ). Old man got quote, then mad and sold it to me. I haven’t checked anything yet because I just got it home about 30 minutes ago and it’s thursday almost midnight.
My question is any common issues with these? Are there any safety switches which would shit off the fuel?
If you spray fuel down throttle bodies it fires right up until you stop spraying fuel because it catches fire. Fires are bad. Especially when your first ATV is burning. Words of wisdom.
Do these have both cam sensors and crank sensors or just one?
I’ll have my noid light set tomorrow to see if I’m getting pulse at injectors. I can hear the fuel pump going and hopefully if I get my pressure tester returned to me I’ll be able to test the fuel pressure. I’ll also verify that fuel is getting to the injectors then check the fuel lines to see if they are plugged. Is there a fuel filter and if so where is it?
Any help would be appreciated. Jokes will help as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. Fuel pump stainer which is new was in backwards. Roll over switch and relays were all hanging down over rear diff. I shook the switch and unplugged it and mounted it. Fuel pump relay is not triggering. If I bypass it I see fuel flow out steady but doesn’t look like 40ish psi at all. Steady stream but doesn’t seam strong enough. machine starts only with throttle 1/4 way open and starves for fuel at half throttle. I also put the oem pump back in not the aftermarket one. Also blew through fuel lines. Also had charger on battery while starting it. I need a fuel pressure tester dammit. Question is why is the relay not being triggered? What triggers it? How do I test the roll over switch ? Did I bypass it by jumping the relay connector?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next update. Learned a lot about these today. So I did bypass a lot by jumping the relay. Anyways the belt light was flashing so I pulled the cover. Belts good. Switch is on so back it went on. I found the jumper wire finally in the tool pouch. Jumped it and disconnected the two pin for the belt switch. Then key on for at least 5 seconds. Key off. Connectors back to stock and ba bam. She purrs. Now it won’t idle. I need to ever so slightly keep the throttle in to keep it running at low rpm. Got to change oil as well afterwards. To much fuel in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts