1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
You will love it. Apparently you are never going to run any kind of shock on it?

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a +6" the stock shock mounting location come out were the brake lever's are. I will probably make a aluminum bracket that will come off the stock mount.

They will make any length you want.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Looks sweet David... Where did you get that SHITTY looking pipe:hmm: Got me some new mods today they will go on Tomorrow:D

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got that pipe from someone on here.:hmm: Is that the stuff you were getting from John?

After tomorrow night racing will be done till spring. I think I am going to take the bike all the way apart and powder coat the frame and do some more mods. this winter.:tup:

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Got that pipe from someone on here.:hmm: Is that the stuff you were getting from John?

After tomorrow night racing will be done till spring. I think I am going to take the bike all the way apart and powder coat the frame and do some more mods. this winter.:tup:

My my news travels fast:p Did I tell you that:hmm: Wanna do two bikes:D

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
With a +6" the stock shock mounting location come out were the brake lever's are. I will probably make a aluminum bracket that will come off the stock mount.
This is a pic of the 6" extended swingarm that was on Camo's V and is now on Kawgirl's V. It uses a standard length shock in the last hole. If you weld on mounting tabs, you can run with the shock mounted in front of the brake lever. 6" is a short as you can go and still use the stock length shock. Don't ask me how I know. :cool:
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn99/rpmskfx/?action=view&current=post-1-1115519322.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Monkey, I know my bike will never be as nice as yours. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is a pic of the 6" extended swingarm that was on Camo's V and is now on Kawgirl's V. It uses a standard length shock in the last hole. If you weld on mounting tabs, you can run with the shock mounted in front of the brake lever. 6" is a short as you can go and still use the stock length shock. Don't ask me how I know. :cool:

I was looking at Kawiegirls bike earlier, I noticed that it had a +6" swinger and the shock mount was welded on the swing arm. Looks like the swing arm is angled down more than the stock one is. When you measure 6" back for the shock mount it is exactly were the brake leaver is on mine.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
More info on the spindle mounts please....
Brand of wheel?
OEM Kawie spindle?

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Morehorsepower is the one that had that swingarm built. To my knowledge his was the first extended swingarm built.

So that 6" was run for many years, by MHP, then by Camo and now on Kawgirl's. I have ridden it with both the stock shock and now the aftermarket shocks. Other than the whoops, it work just fine with the stock shock. Now with the aftermarket shocks it rides Great.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More info on the spindle mounts please....
Brand of wheel?
OEM Kawie spindle?

They are Banshee spindle mounts that have been modified to fit KFX700 spindles.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Here's the brake cable bracket and lever I modified for the +6.

Here it is mounted but without the front lever cable hooked up yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts