Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had bought a 06 kfx 700 on salvage direct if needs ALL the plastic and it is blue marbel now but when you put it in drive or reverse you have to give it some gas before it moves like it revs a little is that normal? so i will be looking for green plastics and what is the differce on the blue and red springs and where do you get them i am totaly new to the site if i can figure out the pic posting i will post some it also has like polised rims not sure if they are factory or not i am 16 and i wanted a v since they came out !!!

thanks mike hagans
somerset pa 15501

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
hagens pull the clutch cover off and find out what color spring you have in the primary clutch.
get the plastics from kawie. should be uner $400 for all four pieces in green or orange.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hey Mike,
Welcome to KR!
It may have an aftermarket clutch spring that is causing you to have to rev it, to get the clutch to enguage. So yes this is normal Use this chart for your spring questions:
Primary Spring Table

-Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys i appreate the fast anseres i will pull the cover tomarrow and let you guys know and take some pics as i said is that better with the spring like that or not ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome to the forum..i'm a new guy also,just been here afew months.i've learned alot just reading all the post.as for the new plastics.......go for the green they'll make it faster.....:D

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
ok guys i appreate the fast anseres i will pull the cover tomarrow and let you guys know and take some pics as i said is that better with the spring like that or not ??
As far as stiffer springs, it really depends on the type of riding you want to do. Stock spring will engage right away. You can check the spring table on the link above and see different stalls and shift outs. Stall is highre rev before engaging and the shift out basically the higher the number the longer bofore over drive. Higher is better for racing, but makes it more difficult for trail riding.

Like I said it depends on the type of riding you want to do...mostly trails, dunes, racing, etc. Let us know how your going to be riding and we can give you some recommendations...especially if you don't like your current spring.

Springs are like 20 bucks or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts