Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just got the big one today :D its a HPI 5b clone, 29cc gas, DDM clone pipe, it hauls ass and its huge.. 32"long and 18" wide.. the blue one is the wifes HPI wheely king, i dont think she used it yet. i did though.. the one beside it is a Traxxas Revo 1/16 VXL brushless, its nutty fast with 2 batterys, almost too much for the size.. the tiny one on the left is the new LOSI micro crawler, its great for indoors and will climb everything you put in front of it.. it actually has the best reciever and transmitter of the bunch..

post pics of your RCs, i know there are alot of guys on here with them

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
cool toys
I have heli`s and planes

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
That's funny seeing a "pull cord" on that thing,I bet it rips....

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I heard years ago that only *** played with RC cars... I guess they were right... :p

I know your joking, but those things are HARD to drive! Raced them for years till the track closed.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I used to race the RC10GT I sold to T4. It is alot harder to race than one might think. You are not in it and can't feel what it is doing. You have to anticipate what it is going to do and react to it. On-road rc is not as hard to control as off road, but the speed of on-road and navigating the turns makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
i used to play with an old first gen black foot. heard its worth a good penny now as a vintage RC truck. I also had a clodbuster, witch turned into a clodzilla its in a box on a shelf in the closet. one day ill bring it out and show all the kids an old school RC truck and how they used to be made. todays rc trucks just coast and arm and a leg even before you get it up and running. atvs coast less now.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
one of my favorites was an old tyco tracked car. It was kind of a futuristic looking car with tank tracks. That damn thing was unstopable. It could climb over furniture, it would jump straight and true, it was fast.

At the time my room was a teenage disaster, clothes and stuff all over the floor. I could chase the cat all over the room, no matter where it went the tankcar was right on it's ass! Over the bed, under it, nothing stopped it!

damn cat was in a panic!:lol:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my mother kept most of our RC cars from when we were kids and just dug some of them out for my son to push around, the Tyco fast trax is one of them :lol: its yellow and still in great shape, but we cant find the transmitter for it.. you can lock it in high or low range on the rear end.. they dont make cheap RCs like that anymore, they are crap now.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i used to have a littl tyco outlaw it was bad ass when u found a wall plug to plug into its turbo motor port lol

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Savage 4.6 SS - So much fun. Hard on parts. Spares of everything...

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
A Traxxas stampede was my first real RC truck. By time I sold it, I had made the whole thing out of aluminum. It would take chunks out of curbs when I hit them :lol:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you think the savage is hard on parts camo, try a T maxx.. i couldnt run it for 5 minutes without breaking something.. the only problem i had with my savage 4.6 was one way bearings.. this 1/5 buggy seems tough, i had a head on with a civic yesterday and only broke a wing :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Planes and Heli's for me too.

Used to race offroad starting with the originaly RC10, Losi. Took a break, then back with the B1 and B2. Track closed, went to racing onroad sedans. HPI only for me on that one. Pro 1, 2 and 3. I walked away from it one day because I almost punched a guy (turn marshal) in the face for taking his time flipping me back over from a rollover. That was it. That's when it went from hobby to something else. It was stupid on my part, he was just a kid.

Now I fly 3d planes, and some heli's. All electric. I dabble in edf's but the true fun is sitting out in my front yard in a chair with a beer flying my slow stik around. Very relaxing.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
true fun is sitting out in my front yard in a chair with a beer flying my slow stik around. Very relaxing.
:eek::eek:

I was always told to 'fly my slow stick' in the privacy of my own home..:p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts