Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that the napa hose was recommended over the 12 hole for the prairies and sra brutes. I wanted to know how that would be get more air than the 12 hole mod. If it had something to do with the hot cvt air, then that is not an issue for me, as mine is routed similar to the kfx.

Whatcha think???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have both mods done to mine runs great now but i had to install 148f152r jets and shim needles to make it do so but it is well worth it

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm at 142/145 & shimmed needles right now with (2) 2" 90s off the airbox.

I thought the kfx guys ran the 12 hole with the stock hole plugged, and jetted in the 170/180 range.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but I also read that the cvt heat was likely the reason for the difference.

·
Registered
363 Posts
napa mod done to mine, seemed to open her up a little more. id just be worried about getting something in the airbox with the 12 hole mod.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah, but I also read that the cvt heat was likely the reason for the difference.

Doesn't the motor get hotter than the cvt exhaust? The cvt exhaust also exits above the rear cylinder behind the airbox. John posted that the airbox has no gap between the lid and plastic to let much air into the 12 holes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

John posted that the airbox has no gap between the lid and plastic to let much air into the 12 holes.
That would probably be the reason. I haven't looked to see how much room there would be between the box and plastics. If I'm not mistaken though, the prairie's plastic sits lower, like right on top of the airbox, as opposed to the brute. I'll take a look at mine and report back.

And as far as dyno numbers, an engine getting cooler air should make more power than one getting warm air. That's why I said something about the cvt exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts