Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 brute force 750i with 28" zillas on itp wheels.... Hmf and snorkels I live in Brandon Manitoba Canada (elev 1343 ft asl) we got some good thick Canadian. Mud and can't really get a straight answer from reading.... Would like opinions on what would work best to keep these tires spinning and belts intact! Just got tires and no mud for a few more months just wanna get it done!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm sure vfj can get you setup. He is a vendor on here and is very helpful.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If if was me I would just change your springs. I've done a lot of research on the subject and from what I have found a clutch kits is mostly for someone who races a lot and wants to fine tune their clutch to their machine. My first brute I had 26" bighorns and had a maroon primary and almond secondary. I have the same springs in my current brute but am only running stock wheels and tires till my big ones come in this week(hopefully). For 28" zillas I would try that set up and if it doesn't give you the down low power you want then maybe a stiffer secondary spring like a red will work. All depends on your style of driving. The mAroon primary will increase your stall by about 500 rpm which is good for the heavy tires because it lets your engine rev up before engaging the clutch. The almond secondary is good for gaining bottom end back after installing big tires without losing a lot of top end speed. Hope that helps some. Clutch kits are a couple hundred bucks and epi clutch springs are $35 a piece!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts