Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Need Ebay help

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  750brett 
#1 ·
I want to sell my set of 4 Maxxis Razr2 tires on ITP Bajas. I want to sell as a set but the weight is 90 lbs and USPS only ships up to 70 lbs. UPS was really high on price.

Any suggestions on how to list? If I split them into 2 sales fronts and rears I am afraid I will get left with one half of the set.

#4 ·
...he seems to buy/sell a lot of them too.
:lol: YES, I do! That's what happens when you work for a tire company. Always looking for a better tire. :D

Yes, FedEx is by far the cheapest to ship with. I would put all of the tires in one auction and use "Flat-rate Shipping" when you set up the eBay auction. You will probably need to set the shipping charges at around $80 to mostly cover the shipping cost if someone from the east coast area buys them. Otherwise, you could just not put a shipping cost in the listing and in the description put "buy pays actual shipping cost". They can contact you with their zip code for a shipping quote. When you ship them, attach 2 tires together with banding or good, heavy-duty tape so that you only have 2 total packages weighing 45 lbs each.

#3 ·
I can't be any help, I've only bought on e-bay, never sold anything

And I hate shipping tires

#7 ·
Thanks Twyztid, I knew somebody would know. I normally use FedEx for the big stuff and USPS for the small stuff. I just didnt know how to work out the shipping thing. I just dont use Ebay much at all.

Thanks!

#8 ·
you can set the shipping price at what ever you want. people sell parts for $5 then charge $25 for shipping when it will realy only cost $5. so you could ship two wheels at a time but just adjust your shipping charges to reflect the 2 packages.

#10 ·
I wrap them one front one rear to distribute the weight...and yes fedex is the way to go to ship tires.
If you set the s/h fees too high someone might report you to ebay.

#12 ·
Sorry Ebay newbie here. I got a guy from Portugal that wants to buy a part. He has a 100% feedback rating and 67 transactions.

"hi there
i'm interested to buy you the exhaust but do you shipping this item for Portugal and how much

thanks

- piricici"

I have heard of scams from other countries. What do you think??

#13 ·
would be tough call for me. Guess if you got the money up front and got the shipping correct. I can understand why there are a lot of foreigners looking for deals, sure is a lot of hassle though

#15 ·
Do not deal with any other countries imho. Other then Canada I wont deal with any other places when it comes to ebay.

Hey Enigma, To save you the trouble just send me the wheels and tires and I will pay the shipping:lol::lol::lol:

#17 ·
Bad thing is Paypal is only good for buying as far as insurance goes. If you are a seller you can and will be fukked at some point or another.

#18 ·
I would do it if they are willing to pay shipping. When the shipping is really high for them. Make sure they want the part and they under stand what they are getting.
Then tell them you will ship but no return. That's when you get kicked in the balls if you have to pay shipping back.

Use the easiest shipping place for you. i would check with the big three.
USPS will be the cheapest
UPS
Fedex
Also get a tracking number to cover your azz.

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.