Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 mojave is wat i got. wasnt running cleaned the carb and and adjusted the valves and i got it to run. problem now is that it idles rly rly rly high. what do i do?! iv done all that i could think of. and does anyone have a carb i could by just incase?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you adjust the pilot jet? that is the jet that controls your idle. I know my lakota 300 is 2 1/4 turns out. not sure what the mojave is. theres a pdf floating around on here for the mojave that is the repair manual ebook. did you soak all metal parts in carb cleaner? take out all the jets and soak them then soak the main unit. after you give it a good soak for a while blow everything out jets and m.u. everything. then seat all your jets and set pilot jet to spec. if that dont work buy a rebuild kit off of ebay :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
if its safe enough to ride sometimes just getting everything back in use and making sure fuel gets into all the hiding places in the carb. can free things up and solve the problem... bit of a long shot but its something till the next update

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iv cleanes everything out and realy good and put everything back to specs. the only rthing it has it a aftermarket pipe, as far as i no, because it dont look stock, and it has a air filter, no filter box thoe. and it idles rly high weather the filter is on or off

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not even on, lol i had the screw out and the cable diconected. and i started it up, and it was still reving piss high

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have no clue. i took the whole carb apart. cleaned it rl good, blew it all out and put it back together, just like i would on a lown mower, or my honda 200m

·
Registered
966 Posts
sometimes it takes more than that, like taking torch tip cleaners and running those through the carb/jets. Did you clean the needle valve assembly? and we need to know what your jetting is to know where you are.

·
Registered
257 Posts
each jet has a number on it. That's how you know what jet is in each spot. The number will be on top or on the side of the jet. So look at the numbers and post what jet is in what spot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you soak the main unit over night? i just posted in my previous thread that i was having carb issues with my 96 lakota 300. last night i disassembled it about 8pm and went to walmart and bought 3 cans of gumout carb and choke cleaner. I washed out a plastic trash can real good and layed the main unit on its side and began to spray all 3 cans into the can I didnt have to soak the jets because i just a brand new rebuild kit. so i got up this morning and took it out of the cleaner and blasted air thru all the ports multiple times reassembled and ran like a top :) had the dang thing tore apart 9x but didnt soak the main unit over night. It could be your starter jet port or the pilot jet port if you havnt soaked it for at least 8-10 hours i would really suggest doing it. but make sure when you get it back out get some white lithium grease or something other then wd40 and make sure to spray the flap valve bearings really good. I also soaked the throttle spring because the carb cleaner will dissipate all the grease in the bearings from soaking it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did you soak the main unit over night? i just posted in my previous thread that i was having carb issues with my 96 lakota 300. last night i disassembled it about 8pm and went to walmart and bought 3 cans of gumout carb and choke cleaner. I washed out a plastic trash can real good and layed the main unit on its side and began to spray all 3 cans into the can I didnt have to soak the jets because i just a brand new rebuild kit. so i got up this morning and took it out of the cleaner and blasted air thru all the ports multiple times reassembled and ran like a top :) had the dang thing tore apart 9x but didnt soak the main unit over night. It could be your starter jet port or the pilot jet port if you havnt soaked it for at least 8-10 hours i would really suggest doing it. but make sure when you get it back out get some white lithium grease or something other then wd40 and make sure to spray the flap valve bearings really good. I also soaked the throttle spring because the carb cleaner will dissipate all the grease in the bearings from soaking it.
Pinesol does wonders as well. I did that the last time to mine and it made a huge a difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I actually read someone used pinesol but i was nervous to try it so i just spent the 4$ a can
But now that you have tried it also i might do it next time i need to clean it. i thought about just using gas to soak it over night too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You can't let it sit over night and blow it out with an air compressor, unless you have a piece for the compressor that lets air pass through the jet and only the jet. Get some torch tip cleaners or a single wire from a wire brush and run it through the jets.

·
Registered
37 Posts
carb. and choke cleaner is kinda harsh I prefer ether to it but with similar results I've found that that stuff is pretty rough on the rubber parts of a carb. (seals O rings gaskets and stuff like that)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mojave we do have the compressor tip :) and and anyone with a compressor need one. I I know that's Def what blasted everything out pumping 100 psi's in short bursts along With the carb cleaner. What do you guys feel about using pinesol as a cleaner? I've now heard 2x about ppl using it to clean out the carb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts