Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
simple green alcohol and ether are the only ones I've ever used and I guess you should say with phenomenal results since there has never been a carb I haven't fixed... not saying others dont work just saying thats all I've ever needed (cleaning wise) to fix a carb and ATF too

·
Registered
45 Posts
1) Make sure your fuel screw is set at 1 3/4 (stock) turns out after bottoming out
Turn it all the way in then back out 1 3/4 turns
2) Double check that your throttle cable isn't stuck
3) Also double check that your choke cable isn't stuck
4) Pull off carb boot that connects air box to carb so you can look in while running

While it is screaming at idle is the carb slide/throat staying down or being sucked to the top?

If it is sucked to the top then you prob have a stuck throttle cable, if it is staying down then your choke is stuck or messed up.

You could also try starting and running it w/o the throttle cable hooked up to eliminate that right off the bat. I know on slide carbs, when it is an uncontrollable idle/rev then the slide/throat is in the wrong way...but just had mine apart and I'm pretty sure it only goes in one way. Just have to start eliminating cables and see what is actually going on inside the carb while it is running. I have some other ideas but give those a shot first. I am def thinking choke cable.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts