Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bf takes very long to start and when it starts it bad idles and back fires for a while and then its gets a little better.any help please

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
valves!!

check valve gaps!!:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
my bf takes very long to start and when it starts it bad idles and back fires for a while and then its gets a little better.any help please
Not sure if it's carb'ed, but if it is, check the idle circuit {pilot jets} for debris. Does it run better with the choke?

·
Registered
259 Posts
sounds like valves to me too,

·
Registered
34 Posts
mine was doing the same thing so i took it to the local cycle shop here and he adjusted the valves and replaced the spark plugs. it starts and runs like a different bike!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
if i remember correctly you have a 09 750?
Another thing to check is the regulator/rectifier, try unplugging it (located above the right rear tire) then turn it over.If it starts and idles good then try adjusting the idle speed adjuster it is beside the throotle body assembly and is for the throttle cable ( don't know why they even have one as the ISC valve is what it uses for a signal to the ECU) but they may have adjusted the speed adjuster too tight.The EFI's at around 1100 rpm create alot of electrical white noise which causes alot of problems with starting and proper idle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bf hard starting

Another thing to check is the regulator/rectifier, try unplugging it (located above the right rear tire) then turn it over.If it starts and idles good then try adjusting the idle speed adjuster it is beside the throotle body assembly and is for the throttle cable ( don't know why they even have one as the ISC valve is what it uses for a signal to the ECU) but they may have adjusted the speed adjuster too tight.The EFI's at around 1100 rpm create alot of electrical white noise which causes alot of problems with starting and proper idle.
its a 07 bf i got

·
Registered
375 Posts
its a 07 bf i got
Try running a heavy concentration of "Sea-Foam" through the fuel system first. I don't know about your location and the available fuel, but here we have Ethanol {E-10} laden fuel and it is GARBAGE. Many issues with phase separation, fuel line deterioration, and water absorbsion. If there is just a little junk in the carb jets and passages, running it through, letting it sit overnight and some use MAY clear it up....if that's the problem......

·
Registered
247 Posts
its a 07 bf i got
OOPS! My Bad, i think i'm due for a memory upgrade :D gettin older sucks!
*Although it would be useful if you filled out your signature,as it would help others address your issues a little better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not sure if it's carb'ed, but if it is, check the idle circuit {pilot jets} for debris. Does it run better with the choke?
no it does not run better with choke
If it doesn't run "better" with the choke on, it should then run worse, due to the extra fuel. Providing this is the case, I would agree with the others that you might have a tight valve or two......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts