Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first mojave yesterday pretty cheap unsure of the year but the carbs overflowing with gas and pouring everywhere so no big deal pull it apart clean it check it and go from there right, No i pull it apart it is sparkling clean floats moving fine checked the float for buoyancy its get pulled the float jet it looks great checked the seat it looks great so i adjust the float to a point i know its closing the valve completely and clean the seat and any port i can find put the fuel line on after its together with out the bowl on apply a tiny bit of pressure and it stops the flow let go and it starts all good put it back on put the lines on and its still leaks like crazy does anyone have an idea on whats going on here i bought a rebuild kit thats gonna be installed regardless i just wanna find out if the carbs junk or not

·
Registered
718 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Things that comes to mind is maybe the float is hanging up on the bowl or the float level adjustment is too high.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks But i set the float level with a float gauge so i am thinking that should eliminate that the hanging up part i am not sure i dont see how it could hang up its all stock the quad ran before it was parked 2 years ago no carb issues it just got pulled out of storage and the bowl and tank were drained dry before that i am wondering if the seal on the float jet is shot i mean it looks fine but just my thoughts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i got an update i got the carb rebuild kit and rebuilt the carb and it still pours out the overflow i think the floats are wore out i bought new floats i will post an update after i change out floats

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the new float today installed it and carbs not leaking anymore guess the float was just wore out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts