Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the front cylinder just behind the intake valve cover there is a metal elbow tube that has an 8mm bolt tying it to the head---If you take that bolt out, can you remove the elbow from the head---The coolant hose to the thermostat is attached to it and goes right over that valve cover---Even if you disconnect the hose from the elbow---The elbow will still be over the valve cover and totally in the way to adjust the valves---Thanks

Kenny

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
After removing the bolt, it just pulls/twits out. You shouldn't have to do anything with it though

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After removing the bolt, it just pulls/twits out. You shouldn't have to do anything with it though

The neck of the elbow, (without the hose on it), comes right over the rocker arms---Do you just try to adjust them under that---Would it hurt anything to pull that elbow out---Is it sealed with anything special---Thanks

Kenny

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Well you'll have to drain the coolant. It is o-ringed.

Should be able to adjust them without removing it

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Kenny, you can adjust the valves with out taking the tube out. I did just the other day and it was not too bad.

If you do take it off, it does have an O ring, just twist and pull to remove.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
If you remove it, put a little soap or vaseline or KY jelly on the o-ring, before you put it back together...
I split one of mine during reassembly after I split the cases.
A little lube goes a long way!!!;)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you remove it, put a little soap or vaseline or KY jelly on the o-ring, before you put it back together...
I split one of mine during reassembly after I split the cases.
A little lube goes a long way!!!;)

Yeah---If it has an 0 ring on it no matter what it is I usually put a little grease on it---But I'm thinking looking at it that you probably don't have to pull it out---Just turn it to the left or right a little.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Little Help Adjusting The Valves

Sorry--Posted in wrong thread

Kenny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts