Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just joined here and im having a little problem. like what the title says, i need help replacing the cv grease boots and its on a stock '96 300 bayou 4x4. i've never worked on a 4wheeler except for changing the oil so my knowledge on them is very limited. i've taken the wheel and nut that holds the spindle assembly to the a-arm assembly off but havent taken the spindle off yet. im still trying to take the brake caliper off but im not familiar with these. if anyone could tell me where to go from here or if im going about it the right way, i'd appreciate it. thanks, and glad to be a new member here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanks for posting the vid. i've been working on it a little here and there and got the axle off. i noticed the lower ball joint grease boot has a hole in it too and would like to go ahead and replace it as well. is the joint pressed in or threaded? or can i get away with just replacing the boot? if i can get away with just replacing the boot then that would be fine with me. my only question is would i have to buy a whole new ball joint or could i just get the boot and where?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts