Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I finally got around to installing the Acewell 3200 tach/temp gauge that Santa brought me last Christmas and I was able to make the Acewell display show the tach and coolant temp just fine. However, the display backlight & clock stays whenever the ATV's ignition key is turned off. I'm concerned this backlight may drain the battery if the ATV sits for a long time between using it. Is there a way to turn off the backlight??? I didn't see any detailed owner's manual/info other than the big wiring diagram page that came in the box.

FYI: I connected power to the Acewell display as follows:
1) RED wire went directly to positive side of battery,
2) BROWN wire went to the positive wire found in the AUXILARY WIRING BUNDLE located under the front fender (this one gets hot only when the ignition key is turned on), and
3) BLACK wire went to the negative wire found in the AUXILARY WIRING BUNDLE.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks and happy trails...:)

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI:

After reviewing KOD's website, I discovered that I may have my wires mixed up. According to KOD's site, I should connect the ACEWELL's brown wire to (full-time) positive and ACEWELL's red wire to the ignition switch's positive. I have them backwards right now. I'll change them up and see if that solves my problem.

Kisssofdeath's ATV Photos

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
That's all you need to do. Flip them two wires and your good to go.

FYI:

After reviewing KOD's website, I discovered that I may have my wires mixed up. According to KOD's site, I should connect the ACEWELL's brown wire to (full-time) positive and ACEWELL's red wire to the ignition switch's positive. I have them backwards right now. I'll change them up and see if that solves my problem.

Kisssofdeath's ATV Photos

Happy trails...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts