Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just relocated my radiator and I know all the connections are good but it is overheating very easy now. First of all the fan won't work but I road last night and it seemed like water was not circulating through the radiator. The intake from the motor side was boiling hot but the other side was cold as ice I don't have a clue were to start on this one

·
Registered
1 Posts
that would be a thermestat problem . not sure where its located . take a look at ur owners manual . or it could be also a air block . so leave it idle without the radiator cap off . hope u fix the problem

·
Registered
104 Posts
my guess is an air lock. did you burp it? you can let the engine get upto operating temperature without a rad cap

·
Registered
711 Posts
I read some where on here to jack the front of the machine up and squeeze the rad hoses the bleed the air out of the system.If you do a search I'm sure you will find the exact procedure.

·
Registered
247 Posts
From the manual:

Support the vehicle on a stand or the jack so that the front wheels are off the ground.This makes air bleeding easier.
Fill the radiator up to the radiator filler neck with coolant.
NOTE:
Pour in the coolant slowly so that the air in the engine

and radiator can escape.
Bleed the air from the cooling system as follows.
*Start the engine with the radiator cap removed and run it
until no more air bubbles can be seen in the coolant.
*Tap the radiator hoses to force any air bubbles caught inside.
*Stop the engine and add coolant up to the radiator fillerneck. Install the radiator cap.
*Remove the reserve tank cap. Fill the reserve tank up to the F mark with coolant andinstall the cap.
*Start the engine, warm it up thoroughly until the radiator fan turns on and then stop the engine. Check the coolant level in the reserve tank after the engine cools down.
If the coolant level is lower than the low level line, add coolant to the full level line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts