Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just jetted my quad with a dynojet kit but i just can't find the mixture screws on the damn thing it a 2008 kfx 700 was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction

·
Registered
717 Posts
I hate to tell you this but you should have used factory keihin jets. The dynojet needles suck. I never could get my bike to run right until i switched back to factory needles. The air/fuel screws are on the right side under the carbs.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have never looked at 700kfx but would think the screw is under a brass plug like the rest of vehicle. The plug has to be pulled out

·
Registered
363 Posts
if this is your first time messing with the carbs then you might still have to drill out the covering protecting the mixture screws.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if this is your first time messing with the carbs then you might still have to drill out the covering protecting the mixture screws.
it is my first time messing with it i was looking at it and where it is supposed it be looks blocked off so i think your right about having to drill them out

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Don't drill too deep. It's just a little cover plug thingy they put over the screws. You just need to drill or punch a big enough hole you can get a pick in there and yank off the little bastards.
I guess they put them on there in 06 and later for emmissions?? Maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
You can use a 1/4 self tapping sheet metal screw. Not the type that looks like a drill bit. You need the ones that are pointed at the end.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Careful drilling em as my drill slipped and I went through and drilled into the threads in there---If i did it again would use awl/punch---Make a little hole then pop em off.

Kenny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts