Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning 40 in February and can't decide what to do to celebrate. Some ideas I have are:

1) Throw an outdoor party in my backyard for friends & family...would be really fun to hire a live band to play music too (however, weather in February can be very unpredictable...might be too cold/wet for outdoor party);

2) take my family for a weekend trip (due to time constraints, it would only be a Sat & Sun trip)...looking for a place that doesn't take too long to travel there. New Orleans would be good, but I lived there for a short time and have already done the Mardi Gras scene.

3) take my wife out on the town in Houston (but this sounds like a regular date night...nothing special about this idea).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you were already pondering the Houston idea, why not take a lil boat trip for you and your wife around clear lake? You can booze cruise around to the little bars and restaraunts then booze cruise some more... Hell, take a couple friends along. The more the merrier. We used to do that back in the day when I was down there. Seemed to always get us into some kind of trouble/fun.:D

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Go with #3 and with the money saved buy yourself a new part for the Prarie.

:D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
throw a kegger with a pig roast. skip the band un less you can get some one to have jam night at your party.
dont forget the big ass bombfire!

·
Registered
711 Posts
The words stripper pole and lap dances come to mind.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
2) take my family for a weekend trip (due to time constraints, it would only be a Sat & Sun trip)...looking for a place that doesn't take too long to travel there. New Orleans would be good, but I lived there for a short time and have already done the Mardi Gras scene.
Mardi-Gras scene:confused:

Figured you more for the Southern Decadence scene :lol:

for you that don't know, Google it :D

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
General5,
I definitely like the booze cruise idea, but afraid it might be a bit too cold for any kind of boating in February (weather is too unpredictable down here).

Monkey,
Thanks for the idea, but when I called to get tix to the next "banana fest", they said you already bought up all the tix for a private party! They also said you got all the tix for the international man-boy love convention. :eek:

Heathen,
Good idea, but I'm married...that means I cashed in my chips already! lol

To the rest of the guys, thanks and please keep the good ideas coming.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
6th street in Austin!!!

thats where i spent my 21st

just remember its YOUR birthday

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mexico can be fun, but WAY too much gang/police violence right now.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
It's your birthday, what do you want to do??

Want to party? Then call everyone you know and tell them each to bring a 12 pack of beer and a covered dish. This way there are plenty of refreshments, it is cheap for everyone and you can still spend your money on yourself.

Want to ride? Pack up the family and a couple of tents and quads and go for a weekend ride. Setup camp, grill some dogs, roast some marhmellows ( :eek: ) Get up saterday and ride till you drop and head back to camp for some supper and a snug by the fire. Than take an easy morning cruise, pack up and head home.

You want a weekend alone with the wifey to try out the newly modified goods? Then pack up some undies a case of your favorite brew Drop the kiddies off at grandma's and rent a cabin out in the middle of nowwhere. http://www.texas-cabins.com/ No phone no tv, just you, her and whatever floats your boat.

Want to be on TV, throw you on a wife beater, get trashed and drive through downtown Houston honking the horn a flicking everyone off. I heard Cops is filming on location there:lol:

But what ever you do, have a good one and smack her on the ass once for me :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

lol...good ideas. I'll figure out something.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

Happy trails...:)

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about it and I finally came up with an idea to celebrate my 40th b-day. I want to throw a big over-the-hill party at my house and invite all of my old high school buddies (we are all turning 40 this year). I'll ask everyone to wear black and I'll probably play 80's music. I'll probably serve something like fajitas and beer. If the weather is nice enuf, I'll have a fire pitt set-up outside. I'm getting excited about it and hope I have a good turn-out of my old buddies. Now I just need to get my wife's approval and send out the invitations.

Thanks again for everyone's ideas above!

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys/gals are sick! lol

I sent out the invites last night and already have a few yes's. The only think I forgot was that the Sat. night that I picked for the party falls on Valentine's day weekend...so my over-the-hill party is competing with date night for lots of my buddies who have wives. Oh well, guess I'll find out who wheres the pants in their families! lol

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
2 whores, lube, and lots of rubbers.. good times

1 - 20 of 26 Posts