Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to do some low buck mods to my prairie 700 this is what i have done so far 12hole mod, jet kit, shims under needle, ring cut on springs HMF exhaust, UNI air filter what else can i do to gain more power i mainly do trail riding and mud bogging

·
Registered
711 Posts
Install a holeshot module from Diamond G racing or moose.Thay are alot cheaper than buying a complete ignition module .Then play with the springs in the clutches.If you are intimidated buy picking the right ones you can just get a clutch kit.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
IMO, spend the extra $75 bux and get a Dyna ignition. If you just get a module you will be wanting more in short order.
The best mod you are missing is the the primary clutch top speed mod. You will gain at least 5 mph top speed, plus that dreaded "dead spot" that you hit at about 50 mph will be moved at least 5 mph higher, thus giving you faster acceleration in the midrange.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
I agree with Nova. Get a Dyna (non-programmable) CDI and the primary clutch mod (VFJ or Jim can hook you up with this clutch work). Those 2 mods were the best bang for the buck that I ever did (before I got a bbk).

·
Registered
158 Posts
They are correct. Dyna cdi is the way to go, much better gain than a module. Clutch primary spring and machined clutch will put a smile on your face. I also noticed a very big gain in the butt dyno with the cross over intakes from VFJ.

I have a cheap suspension mod for you in the for sale section with pictures. Progressive adjustable spring kit brand new $100 shipped.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys i will try the clutch mod & dyna cdi and let you guy know in a few weeks on the results thanks a lot

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as for the clutch do i need to buy a clutch kit or just the springs how do i find out more about VFJ

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
as for the clutch do i need to buy a clutch kit or just the springs how do i find out more about VFJ
Look in the "Interstate Motorsports" section on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
You can also go to VFJ's website. www.vforcejohn.com His ph. number is listed on his website too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts