Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am looking to buy a service/repair manual for my mid 90's Bayou 300. I've read countless posts referencing the Clymer Manual, but I would like your opinions on the following:
Clymer vs. OEM service manual vs. Other (specify)
Hard copy vs. electronic (online)

Also, a few questions:
Are any of the manuals in color?
Are online versions searchable?
Can I bulk print from an online manual?
Are pictures more clear online?

Any feedback would be helpful.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
264 Posts
You might check ManualsLib.com, they have free manuals for all sorts of stuff. and appear to be copies of OEM manuals.
Beware of the manuals on CD's, as the software used to run them (Adobe) is no longer supported by microsoft, as well as it no longer works)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I personally like OEM hard copy manuals I downloaded the online manual for my 03 Lakota and as its great to have on the road for quick reference but pictures are hard to see on iphone 12 I have a Clymers and OEM I got both from ebay Clymer is great but pictures are smaller then OEM and some not as clear, so for me OEM all the way but the others are reliable and very good back ups Im sure you can print the online ones as long as your computer and printer can handle it im not really a computer guy so I cant be certain Best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've decided to order a new OEM hard copy manual and a used Clymer manual from ebay. I've read that the OEM manual can be a little too technical for the average joe so I figured I can always reference the Clymer manual if I am unsure on some technical aspect.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've decided to order a new OEM hard copy manual and a used Clymer manual from ebay. I've read that the OEM manual can be a little too technical for the average joe so I figured I can always reference the Clymer manual if I am unsure on some technical aspect.
I usally do the same they also have disk versions for computer that may be the best one for picture referance. I find the OEM to very good and reliable for my lakota

1 - 5 of 5 Posts