Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the 2x4 and 4x4 light flashes continuously? and why it wont go into 4x4 any help please its for a fellow rider here in aus
its a brute 650 thanx

·
Registered
281 Posts
when this guy right here fixes his, also along with about 30 other people that i know of that have this problem, ill be more than glad to help you!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Is there another brute or prairie he can swap parts with to chase down the problem. I figured mine out by swapping the actuators between axle and brake one. When switched them out it stopped acting up. Replaced 4x4 one, works fine now.

There is also two relays underneath the seat that also can go bad. There was a good thread about a year ago that really got into solving the problem. I believe it was started by JMclure.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Got mine fixed. According to service manual when this flashes like this it either the 4wd actuator on front diff or the KEBC actuator motor.

The flashing is a time thing, can't remember how far apart the flashes are in time for each.

Replaced the KEBC actuator and it is fixed.

Check to see if it is going in to 4wd then most likely the KEBC actuator is the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts