Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm an experienced ATV mechanic so not looking for guesses just info from someone who really knows this machine, don't want to buy a manual.

Quad is an 06 700 Praiire, low hour and nice shape. Came in with 4x4/4x2 flashing like we've all seen before. Quick inspection shows two wires leading to the front diff actuator were rubbing inner CV boot and worn in two. I repaired them correctly but it is still doing the same thing. No blown fuses, all connections are good. Is there a reset I need to do? I did the belt reset just to be safe, also unplugged actuator for a while and re plugged. Still the same. Is the actuator bad or am I missing something? I could believe it shorted when wire cut but they would not likley have shorted as the boot is rubber. Is there a separate fuse outside of the main block or a relay that may be bad?

Any help would be appreciated. Hate to just buy an actuator.

·
Registered
787 Posts
You don't have to buy a manual...you can download a 700 manual here.......
www.ATVPT.com - Service_Manuals

Sounds like the actuator is bad..A bad cvt actuator will make the dash blink as well.If you want to make sure, download the manual and see the timed sequence that the 2wd-4wd light is flashing and it will let you know which is bad.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Have you pulled your clutch cover off? The switch in there might be tripped. check that then do the belt reset. Does your actuator make any noise at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would say the wires shorted out something in the cdi . there is one wire from the 4x4 system that runs to the control acturator and slpits off to the cdi. try puttin in a known good cdi from another bike

·
Registered
711 Posts
First, I'm an experienced ATV mechanic so not looking for guesses just info from someone who really knows this machine, don't want to buy a manual.

Quad is an 06 700 Praiire, low hour and nice shape. Came in with 4x4/4x2 flashing like we've all seen before. Quick inspection shows two wires leading to the front diff actuator were rubbing inner CV boot and worn in two. I repaired them correctly but it is still doing the same thing. No blown fuses, all connections are good. Is there a reset I need to do? I did the belt reset just to be safe, also unplugged actuator for a while and re plugged. Still the same. Is the actuator bad or am I missing something? I could believe it shorted when wire cut but they would not likley have shorted as the boot is rubber. Is there a separate fuse outside of the main block or a relay that may be bad?

Any help would be appreciated. Hate to just buy an actuator.
The engine brake actuator is the same so you can try swapping them before you buy one.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
figured it out. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
11 year old post; he's probably not here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts