Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im in need of a little help. Had a guy drop off a Yamaha big bear 350 the other day at my shop for repair. Anyhow I have no idea what is wrong with it. It's getting fuel to the engine, nice fat spark, 130 psi compression, I cleaned the carb, reset the valves to spec, checked the timing and this s.o.b wont even start on starting fluid.

I can take the carb all the way off and spray the either straight into the intake nothing. After about 30 to 45 minutes of playing with the carb off and turning the engine over/spraying into the intake it will finally fire. I'll put the carb back on and all is fine, runs/starts like a dream. Let it sit over night and same thing wont start for nothing. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I had one similar to that a couple months ago. It was the float needles not getting a good seal in the carb. It let fuel trickle in the intake, pool up in the cylinder and leak into the bottom end. It was fine right after you have everything apart because it has time to dry out. Also all the fuel going in the bottom end made the oil very thin ( of course ) andit pressurized the crankcase. So when I pulled the dipstick it would spew out like you had too much oil.
Maybe this will give you a lil something to help ya.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I have had atv's in like that before but not sure thats the problem here. I was thinking maybe it was flooding out but i'm not really sure cause it wont even fire with either at first when its all dry. Man this sucker has me confused like no other. This bike im working on is a p.o.s and that could be the problem. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts