Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
About a week ago I purchased a 2000 prairie 400 4x4 and within a hour had a bent valve. Fine, so I remove the motor cause I figured its a good chance to just make sure nothing else is going on. When I got it torn down I found these parts in the bottom of the oil case, I've looked hour and hour through a manual and I'm simply having zero luck trying to figure out what exactly these three parts are. One looks like a bearing case, at least to me, then you have the spring, then a small plunger looking thing that Im assuming has something to do with oil as there appears to be a hole through it. Would one of you be able to tell me exactly what it is so I can order parts? Thank you in advance.
Finger Thumb Wood Nail Insect
Finger Body jewelry Thumb Material property Nail
Thumb Finger Nail Household hardware Wood
Finger Thumb Wood Nail Insect

Thumb Finger Nail Household hardware Wood

Finger Body jewelry Thumb Material property Nail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like oil pressure relief valve
So after seeing your response I went out and pulled the oil relief valve, and it looks like its just a steel ball with a spring, and it appears to all be all together. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until my flywheel puller arrives so I can finally split the case in two,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after seeing your response I went out and pulled the oil relief valve, and it looks like its just a steel ball with a spring, and it appears to all be all together. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until my flywheel puller arrives so I can finally split the case in two,
So finally! I figured out what these are, they are the detent pieces for the shifter linkage in the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts