Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this thing on the 3rd of Jan and Its been too cold to ride. I installed hot grips and thumb warmer on it and a winch. I had the front plastics off and found a key on power wire under there, one of the accessory wire I believed. I took it out the other day and road for about 5 miles and froze my ass off. The grips and thumb warmer works good and the winch goes in and out.
I go to start it to move it in the garage, the battery is dead! I pulled the recoil rope and it fired up. The next day I used the winch to pull my dads dead 360 into the shop today and went to recoil the winch back in and the battery started going dead while it was running. Do you think I'm using a wrong key power supply? let me know. thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
you sure the grips and thumb warmer are off when the quad is off? Winching does put quite a load on the battery, never do it with the quad off, also might be a good idea to invest in a battery tender jr, that way you can plug it in when its in the garage and keep the battery fully charged. Cold weather is a killer on batteries.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts