Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to Kevin @ Lectron fuel systems. They have new single downdraft carbs up to 50mm I think. They use a cable system to join dual carbs. We would use a banshee throttle setup. The carbs has power jets, he said they are a breeze to tune. I told him what I had and he said I needed 40mm carbs. They will come setup very close out of the box. The downside is they are nearly a grand. I may get a set later on down the road, just passing on what I have found out.. Somebody needs to try them:lol:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
well since u found em, u buy em big money! i wonder if the smaller bores could run a single carb? id like too if possible

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I think you could run a single carb if you wanted, it's not as if BOTH cylinders need fuel and air at the same time. When the front is @ intake stroke, the rear is about 270* behind it, @ the end of the compression stroke, or beginning the power stroke. If you can run a 1600cc 4 cylinder VW engine on a single 34mm carb. You can run the V on a single.....I'm not sayin you'll make the best power....but you could do it, and you don't need $1000 carb to pull it off.
Ed3

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Each carb is sized up to 50mm. OHV is talking about running 2 40mm carbs.

1000 bucks... ouch. Where's the test Monkey? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well since u found em, u buy em big money! i wonder if the smaller bores could run a single carb? id like too if possible

Far from big money son....
My 36's work great. If they were 500.00 and promised some gains, I'd guinea pig it. But 1000.00 Really? I'm out.

You have to pay to play... Look how much a new set of fcr's is... Just throwing this out there for the serious DRAG RACER....

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
I am serious..... seriously not gonna drop a grand on em.. lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
im sure they are sweet carbs, but yikes 1k is high, someone call edelbrock and see if they could do an affordable efi retrofit! thatd be nice. u could dune, drag and trail ride without cutting out! thats the only dislike i have about the bigger carbs, i dont have them yet but the orange v will once done

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im sure they are sweet carbs, but yikes 1k is high, someone call edelbrock and see if they could do an affordable efi retrofit! thatd be nice. u could dune, drag and trail ride without cutting out! thats the only dislike i have about the bigger carbs, i dont have them yet but the orange v will once done

Yes they are sweet. This is straight from Lectron with all the cables etc. they may be a hell of alot cheaper from a dealer or rep. They are brand new just coming out from what I have been told. I'm not going to pay a g for them...

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I would like to see something come from these guys.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
if your wantin to run a big single the big makuni 48 or 52 what ever it is way cheeper then a lectron and you wouldnt need a down draft setup. also if some one made the right intake setup and had the right cables a twin makuni 42 is possiable but there only side draft

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
dale, parker gonna be at sandhill with yall on sat? cant wait to see u fellas run

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have ran lectrons for years on ALL my drag banshees. They are AWESOME carbs. Very very easy to dial in, well worth the money if you do alot of tweeking, esp on an Alky/Nitrous bike. Yes they are $$$, but very well worth the money spent vs other carbs of equal size.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yeah mark told me he was comin, said he wasnt sure if he was gonna race.

scene from waynes world keeps replaying in my head -"im not worthy"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts