Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 brute force750 and am thinking about buying a new clutch. any ideas on a good brand to go with? i have bigger tires so would be looking for more low end torque. please let me know

·
Registered
477 Posts
No need to buy a new clutch. Just change secondary spring and primary spring and you'll be good to go.

Let us know what size tires and we could get you pointed in the right direction

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I kinda disagree, I would look at the Dalton. Depending on how big of tires you will need to change the flyweight some and the new shape of the dalton flyweight will really give you a kick in the pants!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Different strokes for different folks but imo its not a big enough difference to justify the cost.

Match secondary and primary together and you'll be fine.

Dalton kits are nice though and have there purpose but are not necessary to spin large tires.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Different strokes for different folks but imo its not a big enough difference to justify the cost.

Match secondary and primary together and you'll be fine.

Dalton kits are nice though and have there purpose but are not necessary to spin large tires.
Have you used a dalton that was set up properly?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Depends on what you define properly as

Did it spin the tires,yes
did it do the job it was meant to do, yes
Was it overly impressive over my setup, no

I will say that you can not just throw in a heavy secondary and be set. The primary and secondary will need to compliment each other. For the normal rider who only mud rides you will not feel a difference by going full kit with weights instead of a primary/secondary that compliment each other.

For someone who likes to tinker and get the most out there bikes for fast paced riding or race applications then yes the Dalton kit is great. There weights are a far better profile than epi. I will probably end up with some in my bike but not because of the advantage will running big tires but for what they can do for me on the track.

If you'll suggest a proper setup for a Dalton kit then ill try it out but the normal mud rider really has no need for the whole kit.

The epi kits for big tires are complete jokes. This is not the same case for the Dalton as it does its job but IMO its not worth it to the average Joe.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Contact VForce John here on this forum and he will set you up. His stage 3 spider mod is the best thing I ever did to my brute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.