Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a hold of another company more local to me to make the crossover intakes again out of Molded urethane.

I gave them the last set of the 32's I had to copy off.

They said it should be no problem, but could take a month or 2 to finalize them.

it's going to be costly for me to make the molds up, but with the intakes already made, they said they can copy them easier than starting from scratch.

they also said they do the vacuum urethane pouring. prevents bubbles in the urethane and has a better overall finish.

we'll see how they come out.

John

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
will there be a price change?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try not to, but it's going to cost me a few $$$$.$$ bucks to get the new molds made as well as the alum bases and the tubes, gaskets, and clamps.

I tild them I want 50 sets to start with. they gave me no set pice yet.

startup cost will be the most expensive. making them after that will be more inexpensive.

John

·
Registered
363 Posts
good to hear theres a reliable source for these things now, sucks waiting to see if your gonna get any more in or not.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
What kind of a timeline are we looking at.
Go back up to Johns first post and read it again it says plain as day "could take a month or 2 to finalize them." ;)

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
What about 36's:(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
How do you know what size you need? By carb?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
we went to parades today . . . no crossover intakes thrown

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Hey john. I'll be calling you on some new cross over intaker for my P700, and the roller bearing spider upgrade... then setup a time for getting it all dyno tuned for best performance. with out the hard hit of power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts