Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mule owner here. I purchased a DXT. Let me tell you I love it. People complain about they are slow and loud. It’s not near as bad as other say. Yanmar makes a great product and seems strong. I’m not a go fast guy anymore. I’m still in the break in but it’s awesome. Now I guess it will get some new accessories. I want a windshield for sure. I see people talk about super atv flip up. But does anyone have a fixed glass factory windshield. I was thinking a light bar across the bottom of it would look good and be out of the way or the the light bar on a brush guard sufficient?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also. I have a factory roof. Anyone added a aluminum strip guessing 4” just below the roof to add a light bar?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am glad you're happy with your Mule. I have not heard a diesel Mule, so I can not commend on the sound. I agree Yanmar makes a quality engine.
I would like to see a flip up glass windshield similar to what John Deere offers for their 8xx series Gators.
I would get a windshield first then consider your light bar choices and mounting options. No sense getting light bar that will not work with a later windshield choice.
I rarely use my Mule after dark, so I have not researched additional lights

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had a DX since 2016 and now have 30,000 miles and 3000 hours on it. The Yamar runs great and is still as strong as I first started with it. I do have the full cab with glass windshield and a wiper is nice to have

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that’s a lot of hours. It’s not easy finding videos on diesel pro models. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I doubt I will ever put on full cab enclosure so I can’t figure out if a flip up windshield or vented windshield is necessary. I’ve put 10 hours on it so far and all I know is I need a windshield. I use it up a steep hill at my house. Sure beats walking it. It’s a booger trying to keep it up on foot. This has made my time way more efficient.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have had a DX since 2016 and now have 30,000 miles and 3000 hours on it. The Yamar runs great and is still as strong as I first started with it. I do have the full cab with glass windshield and a wiper is nice to have
Impressive! I am thinking that diesel is hardly working in your Mule. I'll bet it goes 10,000 hours easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you swanny52. Good to be here. I have a old yanmar diesel tractor and we had one on a sailboat in the past. Seems it’s hard to beat unless you want to go fast. Honestly I don’t know why you would want to go fast in a mule. That bench seat would be more about hanging on and staying put that having fun. I like to put around anyway. Just nice to ride and enjoy. Won’t spill my beer that way lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does your diesel make a thump thump while the glow plug is on. Is this normal or a fuel pump issue?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see you are running 15” wheels with general tires. 4” lift I take it. Any rubbing issues or added body roll?
I have no lift on my rig it is factory. I did max out the shocks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I run a 225 x70x 15 general at tire

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Mule owner here. I purchased a DXT. Let me tell you I love it. People complain about they are slow and loud. It’s not near as bad as other say. Yanmar makes a great product and seems strong. I’m not a go fast guy anymore. I’m still in the break in but it’s awesome. Now I guess it will get some new accessories. I want a windshield for sure. I see people talk about super atv flip up. But does anyone have a fixed glass factory windshield. I was thinking a light bar across the bottom of it would look good and be out of the way or the the light bar on a brush guard sufficient?
My wife insisted that we get the windshield when we bought our Mule. I am so glad we did. It is essential in dust, rain, snow etc. I would like to have a wiper too, but I carry a squeegy, not very good option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My wife insisted that we get the windshield when we bought our Mule. I am so glad we did. It is essential in dust, rain, snow etc. I would like to have a wiper too, but I carry a squeegy, not very good option.
My wife saw mine when I brought it home. We took off for a test drive with her behind the wheel. It was the first thing she said I’m just debating on which one to buy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does the Mule come with any tools? If so can someone tell me where they may be? I can not find them anywhere.

·
Registered
96 Posts
there were no tool in my 2016 when I bought it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you like the Yanmar! I had Polaris Ranger Crew Diesel with a 3 Cyl Yanmar diesel engine. In low range it was a beast but high range was useless and had no power. When riding down the road and depending on the incline you could go from 40 mph to 10 mph quick. But I could ride all day and not burn hardly any fuel. It was awesome on the trails in low range. If the clutch hadn't been junk and not having to keep replacing it I'd still have it.

Don't know if it's the same Yanmar diesel engine that was used on the PRCD, how does it do power wise in high range? Are you able to spin the tires fast enough to self clean when in mud? I had SS Radials on mine and my tires would get caked up and the outside tread was the only tread pulling me along going across a muddy field.

What's the top speed on those DXTs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts