Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Phil. I just bought a new 08 brute force 650 4x4I. Thought I join the ATV world.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Welcome Phil---

Kenny

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
welcome. I'm from the East side of Indiana where are you located?

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome to the site. you will get a lot of great information on here to help you out with anything atv related. this site has a lot of great group of people. also i am not far from you i am in goshen, in

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the site. you will get a lot of great information on here to help you out with anything atv related. this site has a lot of great group of people. also i am not far from you i am in goshen, in
Not far at all, your about 25 mins or so from me. I'm right on the Michigan state line.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome,
I was in South Bend just yesterday. I live in Michigan City, about 45 minutes west from you. Have you ever been to The Badlands down in Attica, IN. ??? Great place to ride. It's about 2 1/2 hours for me to drive with trailer. www.badlandsoffroad.com check them out.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome,
I was in South Bend just yesterday. I live in Michigan City, about 45 minutes west from you. Have you ever been to The Badlands down in Attica, IN. ??? Great place to ride. It's about 2 1/2 hours for me to drive with trailer. www.badlandsoffroad.com check them out.

If i lived in michagan i would be going to silverlake ive always wanted to go there it looks awesome

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to KR

·
Registered
169 Posts
welcome to the atv world, how are you liking the 650 brute?

·
Registered
640 Posts
If i lived in michagan i would be going to silverlake ive always wanted to go there it looks awesome[/QUOTE]

Yes Silver Lake is alot of fun !!! The problem is getting a parking permit and all of the permits that you have to have in Michigan. You have to have a permit for your truck, a permit for your ATV, both of which you have to buy. Then you have to get a parking permit (free) the night before if you want to guarantee a spot, then you have a limited time to get into the lot. After all of that you have to have a special flag that reaches 10 feet high. They check you at the entrance to the Dunes for your ATV sticker, your Flag, Spark Arresters, and DB levels.

Once you get thru all of that it is a blast !!!B) Most of the riding is one directional so you can ride as fast as you want, after you do your inital ride-thru to see how the dunes are laying that day. They can change dramatically over night if there is alot of wind. You could have a smooth decent off the top of the dune one day and a drop-off the next. Paddles are also needed. You could probably get by without them but you wouldn't have as much fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts