Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Pop from Arkansas. I have two sons and between us we have three race cars. Make that two drag cars and one street machine. We all turn the wrenches to keep them going. I'll post a pic or two at the end of this thread.
I guess I'm here because I don't know where to start on my 08 650 Brute, so I'll vent some here. It is show room stock '08 650 Brute Force with carbs and straight rear axel. It ran good for a few miles. I seldom get over 25mph and average speed is 6 to 10 on Ozark Mountain back trails. The Brute recently started missing like water in fuel. No water in fuel. Drained and replaced with clean fresh fuel and Stable. Engine fires up good. Then starts spitting back through the carbs. Sounds terrible and runs like wise at low speeds that I use the most. If the throttle is cracked open the miss is gone and the Brute will pull it's guts out without a singe miss. Slow back to low speed and spit, spit, sputter and minor popping through exhaust. Took it to dealership. They couldn't find anything wrong, but advised me to use low range all time. I feel sure it must be in the carbs, but lost on what I need to do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Can't help you myself I took a carb apart the first time last week. Welcome to the site. I'm sure someone here can help you though.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. I found a broken spring behind the vacuum piston. repaced both springs 25.00. Runs good

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. I found a broken spring behind the vacuum piston. repaced both springs 25.00. Runs good
What and where is the vacuum piston located?
Pop
:)I use BikeBandit.com for parts breakdowns and schematics. As a motorhead I find a schematic more help than words. Ed3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts