Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here and was thinking about picking up a tecate. are they any good? how do they compare to a 86 suzuki lt250r? thats what i have currently and might be picking up a tecate soon. what can you tell me about a 86 kawasaki tecate 4? is there a specs page anywhere? i would just like to learn about these before i buy one.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops guess i didnt know that they only made the 4 wheeled tecate in 87-88. what should i know about this quad? i found one that needs clutch work has an fmf pipe and silencer on it it looks clean and he wants 500 or trade gonna try trading him for a dirt bike.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Welcome to KR, some people think tecate parts are hard to find but they really are not as long as your a member here. If you look on here enough you will find nitrobandit's web site, he has alot of specs. You are definitely in the right place for info. :D

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I agree, if your a member here, your more than likely going to find parts.

If you buy your first tecate and have to rebuild it totally from boxes of parts, depending on what your missing and have to replace, it could be seen as a frustrating expirence. Especially if it's your first time and you think it's going to happen in a month!! Shipping charges get to be a pain in the ass every time you need something or want it.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Post pics of the tecate if you get it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome - you wont have any probs getting parts. Between here, e-bay and few sites out there, you can find everything you need.

So, your questions was about how the Tecate 4 compared to the LT250 - not sure there is a much of a comparision, hands down the T4 is a much meaner machine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just joined the crew here too, already loving it. Thanks to rockhound I sourced a few good deals and my 88 is well on its way to restored.

are they any good? how do they compare to a 86 suzuki lt250r?
I actually had an 87 LT250R 10 years ago and loved it but deep down always wanted an 88 Tecate-4

Notice a resemblance? lol. The motor in your 86 is a time bomb as you may know. The 87+92s were much better with the 88+ being the most sought after with the different intake design. My KXF motor has TONS more power than my old LT ever dreamed of and as much as I love my 'Zukes I'll never get rid of this Tec-4. The rarity factor alone is enough to keep it, that and it's fun to hear people try and pronounce "Tecate."

Welcome to the board man, stick around, get that KXF and have fun!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Your images don't show up man

·
Registered
9 Posts
you couldnt compare the tecate to the lt 250r because the lt didnt have much suspension travel at all i seen my dads skull from a wreck he had on a 85-86 lt 250r his suspension bottomed out and threw him down chip n seal so hands down the tecate wins

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
you couldnt compare the tecate to the lt 250r because the lt didnt have much suspension travel at all i seen my dads skull from a wreck he had on a 85-86 lt 250r his suspension bottomed out and threw him down chip n seal so hands down the tecate wins
The tecate doesn't have much suspension travel either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts