Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
The dont need a 1000 or even 900, all the need is an 800 with the power of a builder engine kit.
Agreed. If kawie builds a brute in 800 or 850, and keeps the weight down to around 650 to 675 pounds, it would FEEL faster than a half ton 1000cc Canned Ham or PooPoo 900.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If it's going to be an 800,it better be a healthy 800 to even be competitive.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The dont need a 1000 or even 900, all the need is an 800 with the power of a builder engine kit.
Agreed. If kawie builds a brute in 800 or 850, and keeps the weight down to around 650 to 675 pounds, it would FEEL faster than a half ton 1000cc Canned Ham or PooPoo 900.
The BF750 has a curb weight of 695 pounds ,the can am outlander 1000 has a dry weight of 759 pounds.For 250cc more i could handle a few extra pounds.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The BF750 has a curb weight of 695 pounds ,the can am outlander 1000 has a dry weight of 759 pounds.For 250cc more i could handle a few extra pounds.
Well when that thing rolls on top of you id rather have the brute...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well when that thing rolls on top of you id rather have the brute...[/QUOTE said:
Simple fix,don't roll it. I've had my brute on the roughest trails offered at any riding area anywhere around and have never rolled it,can't say I've never came close but have never rolled it.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Well when that thing rolls on top of you id rather have the brute...[/quote said:
Simple fix,don't roll it. I've had my brute on the roughest trails offered at any riding area anywhere around and have never rolled it,can't say I've never came close but have never rolled it.
You cant just say "dont roll it", accidents happen. When i accidentally rolled a quad last summer, its a good thing it was a 250 that weighed nothing compared to a brute. I didn't have a scratch. I pretty much did a 360 in the air and it landed upright, it almost looked like a stunt, infact i wish i had video, i was coming down a hill in 5th gear just idling and didn't see there was a quad at the bottom and the front right tire on the 250 hit the left front tire on the quad at the bottom (DS450X) and it launched the quad in the air a bit and did a 360 and i bailed. If it was a brute going that speed, i would have been dead.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I was over exaggerating a little bit........just a little bit. An Outlander 1000 in the xt package with fuel and fluids is very near 900 pounds. Throw on a rear bag/box, some properly chilled beverages, and a few goodies and it's half a ton. That's not including the rider. Po's are about the same. Even a 700 pound Brute force still feels lightweight compared to those fatties.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh, one thing I should mention is that our local Kawasaki plant had some prototype motors built. This project started a 2 years ago. They made several 900cc V-twins and tested them out. My friends say it was big there for a while but they haven't heard anything lately. They may be using it in some bike but they thought it was possible for the Brute & Teryx to use it. I would assume that if it was going into production or probably already started, they would know about it. Unless it's at another facility.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I talked to my buddy at pilgrim powersports.its our local kawasaki dealer.of course he knows nothing about what they are releasing.i think my grandmother knows more than most people that work at these dealerships.thats one thing that's always boggled my mind in the world of atv's and dirtbikes.the lack of basic knowledge of what they sell and repair..

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm sure whatever it is it will disappoint 90% of the people on here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
800cc, longer travel suspension with better shocks. Elka's would be sweet, but I doubt it. I wouldn't expect any big chassis/body changes because the current 750 is only barely 3 years old unless they add a 2-up to the lineup.

And I'd be all over an 800cc two up brute.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
why is everyone saying 800? that is not nearly enough of an upgrade in my opinion, race a 650i with a 750i and you will see my point..

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
why is everyone saying 800? that is not nearly enough of an upgrade in my opinion, race a 650i with a 750i and you will see my point..
An 800 with more power, meaning better cams and better and higher compression pistons stock.
if they did that to the 750 it would be pretty much the same thing.. screw that i want a 1000 that the builders can go nuts with, i am interested to see what a kawie can do when you can get the cubes the can ams are playing with..

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
if they did that to the 750 it would be pretty much the same thing.. screw that i want a 1000 that the builders can go nuts with, i am interested to see what a kawie can do when you can get the cubes the can ams are playing with..
Me too. I want to see a factory built, 90-degree, 998cc Kawasaki V-Twin. It'll give my avatar new meaning...lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
hells yes!! 1000 V-twin! please oh please! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
41 - 60 of 133 Posts