Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a great way to lose market share to Polaris and BRP.

Should be riding or wrenching instead of using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts

I don't think that website currently lists all of the Kawie ATVs. For example, it is missing the KFX450R and the kiddie ATVs (90 and 50cc).
May be because they haven't been tested yet with the CEPA, takes awhile before you see all of the models for next year units, the latest update was in April.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Watch for it.

New Brute force 800 is on the way!! new frame, fox shocks, plastic racks with storage, larger wheels and tires, no scratch painted plastics.

Im working on clutching these setups before it even gets released. These will have wet clutches in them like the teryx 800 does. they actually work very well. so don't be afraid of them!!

I speculate 48-50 RWHP bone stock. piped and tuned 62-65 rwhp.

Mid june is the release date.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Watch for it.

New Brute force 800 is on the way!! new frame, fox shocks, plastic racks with storage, larger wheels and tires, no scratch painted plastics.

Im working on clutching these setups before it even gets released. These will have wet clutches in them like the teryx 800 does. they actually work very well. so don't be afraid of them!!

I speculate 48-50 RWHP bone stock. piped and tuned 62-65 rwhp.

Mid june is the release date.
Got any pics on them yet? Also, is this just a bigger bore 750 or did they make some changes to the motor?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If it can't beat a Polaris 850, it will be a laughing stock. Kinda like "you wait all this time and throw your biggest engine and latest tech and it's just a fart in the wind?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Kawie, say it ain't so! Plastic racks are an abomination! I'm not crazy about bigger wheels either.:(

And why go to a wet clutch? That kinda seems like going backwards.......

·
Registered
323 Posts
So I wonder if they will do away with the 750 or this will be an addition to the lineup?

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
An 800 BF should not be a surprise to anyone b/c it makes good economical sense to build one 800 engine and put it in two different products (Teryx and BF). With that said, it would be disappointing if that is as big as they go this year given the various 850-1000cc quads already on the market from the competition.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
An 800 BF should not be a surprise to anyone b/c it makes good economical sense to build one 800 engine and put it in two different products (Teryx and BF). With that said, it would be disappointing if that is as big as they go this year given the various 850-1000cc quads already on the market from the competition.
It won't attract buyers looking for the best, but rather those willing to settle for the least power output, of a twin sport utility class atv. And for that to take place, it better be the cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
well i hope they didnt make them any uglier than the 2012s.. and i am not a fan of plastic racks, anything that makes it polaris like is a turn off.. either way i wont be buying one so i guess it doesn't matter

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
I'm just speculating here, but I bet the use of plastic racks would probably be necessary to offset the extra weight of the larger 800 engine with wet clutch components.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think regardless of what they do the bike will have more power but I bet it will also be heavier therefore it will be no faster than the previous years.just like the new 2014 2 seater teryx it has more power and more potential but if you compare it to previous years it is I think if I remember right 125-150 pounds heavier so it just evens out if you ask me me .

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
well i hope they didnt make them any uglier than the 2012s.. and i am not a fan of plastic racks, anything that makes it polaris like is a turn off.. either way i wont be buying one so i guess it doesn't matter
Ditto. 14" wheels and plastic racks are the worst ideas Polaris ever spread to the industry. I'd like to meet the mother humping Po engineer who came up with plastic racks and have him try to strap $15,000 worth of camera and optical equipment to them and drive down a bumpy road..........
Better yet, have him stand in front of my bungee cords as I try to find some place to hook them to that damn plastic!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Ditto. 14" wheels and plastic racks are the worst ideas Polaris ever spread to the industry. I'd like to meet the mother humping Po engineer who came up with plastic racks and have him try to strap $15,000 worth of camera and optical equipment to them and drive down a bumpy road..........
Better yet, have him stand in front of my bungee cords as I try to find some place to hook them to that damn plastic!
Now now..you know with those plastic POS racks come the option to buy a special, over priced box made to lock-in...that will break the first time you use it.. and never hold what you want-the way you need it to...:)

61 - 80 of 133 Posts